i'm considering buying a condo with great views, new construction, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, penthouse unit. Only

Asked by Gab, Los Angeles, CA Tue Jun 3, 2008

problem is there is no balcony. how much will that hurt?

Answers

9
Michael Barr…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Hi there Gab,Congrats on this. It sounds wonderful. The balcony should not really hurt, havng one id a mtter of preference. If yoiu are considering reselling it later and the buyer does not like one then it will be a non issue.

Hope it works out well for you
Regards
Michael Barron
Jimmy Hutchi…, , Downey, CA
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Hello Gab,

Not having a balcony depends on your intentions with the penthouse. If you don't mind not having one, it doesnt matter. If you're thinking about it on the resale or rental side, its a matter of opinion. Every buyer/renter has a different preference so thats not something that is going to be a major factor to all buyers/renters, but it might for some. There really isn't a true answer to this in general, its a case by case matter to each prospective buyer/renter.

Jimmy Hutchinson
Atmosphere Realty
, ,
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Sounds like a nice place but that does hurt the value by not having a balcony. What is the purchase price?

For mortgage help, call (630) 639-1081 or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states and you can apply online at http://www.myccmtg.com.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (630) 639-1081.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Phone: (630) 639-1081
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
Catherine Mc…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Dec 31, 2013
For resale purposes, if comparable properties are selling at higher prices with the balcony, yours would price lower without the balcony. In my experience, penthouse buyers usually do want some sort of outdoor access and a small balcony is often what resolves that need.

Given that, I wouldn't let that dissuade you from the purchase. If you love the home and it meets all of your other needs, I would definitely consider it.
SoCal Prefer…, , Los Angeles, CA
Thu Dec 19, 2013
Balcony units are a bit more pricey and add the value that most are looking for in a penthouse suit. Consider finding another property.

If you or your friends need help with remodeling, renovations, or just a second opinion on remodeling and design feel free to contact us.

Socal Preferred Builders | 855-247-6225 | http://www.socalpb.com licensed and insured general contractor
Eli Karon, , Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Dec 18, 2013
If you're asking about it, you're not the only buyer out there who is wondering how no balcony will impact the value. To me, that means there will definitely be some impact, both in pricing/resale value and in interest. If there is no outdoor space to speak of, it will impact you for sure. If there is an alternative outdoor space (i.e. community sun deck/roof deck or pool area) it will lessen the impact.
Marc Wizman @…, , Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Jun 4, 2008
It will hurt the value more then you think. Buyers who seek a penthouse usually want it all. No Balcony to get out and enjoy will hurt. Coldwell Banker Beverly Hills N
Marc Wizman
310-746-8444
Web Reference:  http://www.marcwizman.com
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Jun 3, 2008
To be honest with you, those Penthouse balcony's are scary!
Jeffrey White, Agent, Beverly HIlls, CA
Tue Jun 3, 2008
By hurt do you mean hurt resale value? Not much if the views are really great. What area are you in? I am in Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silverlake, and there are a few really great new listings that are 3+2 or 3+3 for excellent prices. In fact there is an architectural 3+3 home for $749,000 in Silverlake that is amazing that I just saw.

Contact me anytime and I can be of more help to you!

- Jeffrey White -
323-251-2296