i live in louisiana and want to move to los angelas

Asked by angelialeflore, Los Angeles, CA Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

14
Tina Yeates, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon Sep 10, 2012
I too am a NOLA transplant - Terrytown :). There is an area of my website that will show you home prices, school information, crime stats, median income information and tons more. So if you have a general area in mind this might be a place to start. Once you narrow it down a bit, you can use the same area to compare two zip codes and see what you are most comfortable with. Go to my website and click the Market Leader tab.

I like the others would love to help you with the move. I also do leases so if you need to rent before you purchase and I can help with that too.

I am helping two families from Colorado right now and part of my service (other agents don't grown) would be spend 1/2 day with you showing you the area's you are interested in and some I think would be a good fit. I hope to hear from you.
Marilyn Jenne, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Welcome. You'll be like myself, and many more who have relocated here. First, be prepared for sticker shock. Learn about neighborhoods and what matches with your desired lifestyle. Are you a beach or mountain person? Are you trying to be close to work? How long are you willing to commute? These are a good start.
Judith Gotte…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Hello!

That sounds like a great idea to me! What is your question?

Judith Gottesfeld
Web Reference:  http://www.JG4RealEstate.com
Christinamci…, Home Seller, Kansas City, MO
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Quite the change...Los Angeles is a quite bit more pricey than Louisiana...
Brian Byhower, Agent, Hermosa Beach, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
That's fantastic. .
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Anlelia,

Are you relocating due to work or are you a student?

Do you have family in California?

Los Angels is a very large city, be reday for a complete change in lifestyle.

There are also some great cities that surround the greater Los Angeles area you may want to consider .

Best Of Luck to You!!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Are you ready for the culture shock? the lack of humidity shock? and most importantly, the price and increase in the cost of living shock?
Alyssa Fry, Agent, Studio City, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Wow! You are certainly going to get alot of responses to help you relocate here. There is alot involved in relocating to another state while also having to find a place to live - most of which cannot possibly be covered on Trulia's Q&A site. Currently I am helping two other people move to California - one is from Virginia and another from Mexico. I can walk you through what you need to know and locate the home that best fits your needs. You can view my profile page with my recommendations and contact information by clicking on my photo. Best of Luck and Congratulations on joining us here in sunny California!
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Let me help move - Please contact me anytime!

______________________________
Free Consultation 424-777-9377

Help with any Real Estate Transaction Buy & Sell!

Thank you for your time.

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov
President - Realtor
- Trust Sale Realty -
Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925 http://www.TrustSale.com 
Mark Diffie, Agent, Venice Beach, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Hi Angelia,
LA is very large geographically. I help my buyers find the best values in the areas that fit their budget and lifestyle. We have a diverse population enjoying all that Southern California has to offer spread from the mountains to the ocean and everywhere in between.

My team and I have helped many people just like yourself relocate to Los Angeles from across the country and overseas.

I would be happy to help you find the home of your dreams.

Mark Diffie

310-486-7085
DJ Bonner, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
I will be more then happy to help you out in the Long Beach/south bay area. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.
DJ Bonner
djbonner@kw.com
Ruben Davis, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Blair:
Its great to welcome someone from out of state into Los Angeles. Los Angeles is a very big county/city with many suburban and urban choices. The key word I'm drawn to in your message is "want". Im guessing your move is not due to employment or a have to? I've lived in all parts of the greater Los Angeles and some key things to keep in mind are:
Do you have a family? What or where is your employment? How would you like to commute? do you like beaches, mountains or desert (either way, California has them all within driving distance)? Do you have a citylife preference, or a suburban feel? Home or condo? and of course purchase price will ultimately affect size and quality of your home options. Beware, that homes in Los Angeles are far more expensive with less square footage than the amazing antebellum homes you can get in Louisiana. For more conversation, feel free to email me propertybyruben@gmail.com.
Clint Lohr, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
You are moving to one of the greatest cities in the world. How many people are moving with you? What business are you in and where will you be working? Do you need school information? Have you spoken with a lender to determine your price range? When do you intend to move?
I will be happy to help you any way I can. Please call me at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net. Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center--Burbank.
Blair Thomps…, Agent, Sherman Oaks, CA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
LA is a big area. Have you determined what area you want to live in? Give me a call I can help to direct you to the right area and find the best agent to help you!

When I moved here over 20 years ago I had no idea of the different areas.

Blair Thompson
Sothebys Realty
818-414-4144