i haven't heard anything from my bank regarding my loan. I have a closing date of July 12 The seller wants a loan commitment!

Asked by Dena60, Milwaukee, WI Tue Jul 6, 2010

Answers

3
Debby Thomps…, Agent, Wauwatosa, WI
Sun Jul 11, 2010
It does help to use a local lender. That way when you have an issue, you can walk into their office and not leave until you get an answer. If you have questions you can go in and they can explan things to you.
Troy Miller, Agent, Milwaukee, WI
Tue Jul 6, 2010
Dena,

Both you and your agent should be in constant communication with the loan officer. Unfortunately your scenario is not uncommon in todays marketplace. I've had some lenders that I've had to call every hour until I finally got ahold of someone as they never returned calls. If you are this close to your closing date and they are not communicating with you it may be time to scramble and find a more responsive lender.
Eric D Lenz, Agent, Greendale, WI
Tue Jul 6, 2010
You should call the loan officer to find out the status. This would be a normal communication during the approval process that good Realtors use.