i have another quertion he is raising my rent from $1800 to $3000

Asked by Rojasgordita, Flushing, Queens, NY Sun Aug 19, 2012

Answers

4
Adam Krzesni…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Thu Aug 23, 2012
You must to look into your lease and see if your landlord is able to do it,
Usually rent prices should not be raised this much, at cretin places there is a set percentage that you can raise the rent for.
Check with your local relator or simply call 311 and ask they will give you the best answer
Wendy, , Queens, NY
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Also if you live in a co-op or condo building that also does Not fall under rent stabilization laws
Wendy, , Queens, NY
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Do you live in a rent-stabilized building? A rent-stabilized building has 6 units or more. If you live in a rent-stabilized building your landlord can legally only raise your rent by a certain percentage each year (e.g 5 % for 1 year or 7 % for 2 years - it varies each year)

A lot of the rentals in Astoria are in smaller 2 or 3 families houses and so can raise the rent to whatever they feel like it once your lease is up as long as they give 30 days written notice
Martina Ryan, Agent, Bayside, NY
Wed Aug 22, 2012
Is this a small building or house? This seems unreasonably high. Perhaps I missed something.