i have a score of 640 and my girl friend score is 703 should we do it together or should she do it she makes 29000 a year and i make 10140

Asked by gspeed09, Astor, FL Fri Aug 24, 2012

Answers

3
Carla Pennin…, Agent, Georgetown, TX
Thu Sep 20, 2012
You are to be commended for having reasonable credit scores on limited incomes, but neither of you can afford to buy a house on your own. I'm a little bit clueless why you would commit to 30 years of house payments together, but won't commit to marriage. My best advice is to continue renting. You might be thinking you could buy and pay less than if you rent. That might be true if you could get financing that gets you into the house for very little down. The payments might be less than you are paying in rent, but that is a far cry from the true expense of home ownership. You are not in a financial position individually, and probably not even together, to consider home ownership. That's my personal opinion, as well as my best professional advice.
Randy Hutchi…, , Amarillo, TX
Sat Aug 25, 2012
I would not buy a home unless you were married or spell out in writing an reviewed by an attorney the details of what would happen if you were not boyfriend and girlfriend any longer. You might need both incomes to buy. I don't think that income will go too far in buying a home. Get your self a 10%-20% down payment and stay out of trouble.

Randy Hutchinson
Keller Williams
Amarillo Texas
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Aug 25, 2012
More than likely it will require both incomes to qualify for a home. I am unconfirmed where in DFW you could purchase a property on income of 29000 per year.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas