i have a building which has had many problems throughout the process. most recently. mold was found and the

Asked by Bess Dipatri, Orange Park, FL Mon Jan 21, 2008

rug had to be torn up drywall rehung etc, The fianl payment is now due and i have an inspector which will be paid for by us, coming today. is there anything in particular i should ask him or will his report be good enough to help my decision to make final payment

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Explain to your home inspector everything you know to be, or know to have been, wrong with the house--the mold, etc. That may direct him to some additional areas, or cause him to pay more attention to certain things than he might otherwise. Also, ask him whether you should have any other inspections done. He might, for instance, suggest a structural engineer if there have been structural/foundation problems. Or maybe something/someone specifically for the electrical system or plumbing, if there have been particular problems with those. In fact, if you've had particular problems with one system or another, especially something that would cost a great deal to fix, you might bring in an expert on that system in any case.

Good luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more