Home Buying in Overbrook>Question Details

Benadeta, Home Buyer in Overbrook, Philadelp...

i found the house i like but the the brick is missing on top of the roof.is that a big deal? the house is 60 years old

Asked by Benadeta, Overbrook, Philadelphia, PA Sun May 30, 2010

should i but the house?

Hi Benadeta,

In my opinion, any potential issue with a roof, is a potential big deal. I would have a professional home inspector to take a closer look at the missing brick and, if it's a big deal in the inspector's opinion, you would now be in a better position to make a more informed decision about the home. If you're not working with an agent, feel free to contact me... I'm curious about that brick now- lol!! Enjoy your Memorial Day Holiday!

Kind Regards,
Sean J. Sams
Real Estate Agent
Kellew Williams Realty
(484) 682-3256
I would have a trusted home inspector go through the property and give you their professional opinion. Although realtors do deal with things like this, it really is in your benefit to spend the couple hundred bucks to have a professional in that area look the home over.

If you need any recommendations, feel free to ask

Sean Dawes
Hi Benadeta,

If the house is missing some that is considered required to keep out water or or would be a safety issue than that would have to be typically fixed before you could buy the house unless you use an FHA rehab loan. This loan always you to borrower money to buy the house and fix it up at the same time. It is a great loan but many lenders are not doing them. If you would like to inquire about this type of loan feel free to call me at 610-906-3109.

John R. Thomas
Certified Mortgage Planner
Primary Residential Mortgage
302-703-0727 DE Office
610-906-3109 PA Office
410-412-3319 MD Office
I don't know what brick you are referring to, chimney, or other. In general I would say that something needs to be repaired or replaced. You should find out what work needs to be completed and the cost before you complete your purchase.