i do not get my loan but my seller attny do not giving my mony back

Asked by Nayem, Jamaica, NY Tue Feb 5, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael Rich…, , New York, NY
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Hi Nayem,

Do you have an attorney representing you? If you do, they should be handling this. If your contract was contingent on financing, and you complied with the terms of the contract, then you should be able to get your money back if you cancel the contract. It is also possible that the transaction is not contingent on financing.

Michael Richman
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
KIAN Realty
450 7th Avenue Suite 1501
New York, NY 10123
212-757-8268 x220
0 votes
Jeannette Ba…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Get another lawyer, there should be a clause in the contract my friend had something similiar and was able to get her money back. Call your lawyer or get a new one who will get you the money wish you the best! Jeannette Batsikas
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Your attorney can better advise, consider a consultation...
0 votes
Maureen Mizu…, Agent, Ozone Park, NY
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Did you have an attorney representing you in the transaction. If yes your attorney should proceed with an action against the sellers attorney. Also, I would immediately contact the Bar Association and make a claim against the selling attorney. If you did not have an attorney representing you and a realtor, this was very foolish and now you will have to go through a lot of trouble yourself to get your money back. Are you familiar with the terms of the contract you signed? If you weren't properly represented and protected you may have signed a contract saying that you would lose your deposit if you couldn't get a loan. The sellers attorney should not have been representing you and should have advised you to get your own counsel. That is in the state of New York. Outside of the state of NY it is the realtor that draws up the contract and along with escrow the transaction is completed.
I still think you can receive assistance from the ethics committe of the Bar Association. Best of luck.
0 votes
Speak to an attorney
Flag Fri Jun 20, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more