i bought cheap in Az to swim can I swim year round in orlando and can i buy cheap or has the market recovered

Asked by Deanne Rhinehart, Bradenton, FL Fri Jan 25, 2013

Answers

6
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Guess it depends on your defintion of cheap. Can you buy at the bottom? No, that was 2 years ago. Can you buy for a lot less than 2007 peak prices? Yes, you still can.

Can you swim year round? Again it depends, this time on how hardy you are. We do have cold spells but the normal high temp in Jan is 70.
Jennifer De…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jan 28, 2013
I am a Florida native with thin blood so no I am not swimming much during the Winter months. But I can tell you that the tourists who visit from up North are! In any case, it depends on how warm you like your water. We have natural springs all over Florida that are 68 degrees year round and definitely worth a swim at any temperature.

As for the market, our sales are back to 2005 levels. The median price of a home has continued to go up for the past 22 consecutive months with plenty of moderate sustained growth projected for 2013. There are still deals, but I would suggest you try to grab them before the before summer months.

Happy Hunting!

Jennifer De Vivo
The De Vivo Team
Advanta Realty
Website: http://www.devivorealty.com
Blog: http://www.facebook.com/devivorealty
Cell 407-921-1310

"Where Guessing Ends and Expertise Begins"
Cecilia Thom…, , Orlando, FL
Sat Jan 26, 2013
The market is creeping back up, investors are scooping short sales and bank own properties. I still take a drive to Cocoa Beach to swim. To answer your question, yes you can swim all year round in Orlando, and it is the perfect time to buy. http://ceciliathomas-dorn.premiumorlandoproperties.com/. I hope this helps, email or call me if you have any questions or concerns.
Cece
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Mark provide quite the accurate answer..."..it depends!"

Your criteria is very subjective. So the answer can be YES...or no.
Just this week I marveled at how very fortunate I was to be on the beach in shorts with dolphins along side as I ran my 17 mile circuit through Honeymoon Island State Park.
-
It is what it is. What it becomes is ENTIRELY up to you.
-
As a real estate consultant, who would not advise anyone to buy cheap stuff.
I would advise buying quality stuff at a good value. Again, subjective.
-
Has the market recovered? Not for the cheap stuff. The cheap stuff will ALWAYS be cheap.
The quality real estate is seeing the trends lines tweaking upward. The water fronts are defying the appraisers and hesitant buyers. You will need a pile of cash.
-
Can you swim year round? When I arrived from Chicago many years ago...I certainly could celebrate a party in 60 degree water. Today I prefer to wait for the water to reach 84 before I indulge myself. With the solar heater and the auxiliary heat for the spa...I can have 84 in a very short time.
-
Five years from now, cheap stuff will still be cheap, however, the real estate that appreciates will be owned by new residents from NY, MI, PA, OH, IN, NJ, VA, IO, and CA. And the price will be significantly higher than today. Be aware, those dolts in DC and screw up everything the touch. There are no guarantees.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Tracy Hoyt, Agent, Valrico, FL
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Deanne,

The market is certainly picking up in Florida but that does not mean you can't find a nice home to fit your needs. Of course if the trend continues it will become more and more expensive to purchase a place here.

As to the question can you swim year round, I say yes. My daughters were in our pool the past Monday for a few hours playing. Not I thought it was a touch cold but they loved it. Many homes in FL have heated pools, solar pools or have built them so they maximize the sun by position and stay very warm.

I have a great friend who works the Orlando area and I'm sure she would be happy to help you should you decided to purchase a home their. I can also recommend an agent for you in AZ to help sell the other house if you would like.

I live between Orlando and Tampa and I think our weather is pretty great but if you want even warmer South FL could be a great fit. I would be more than happy to recommend some areas that fit the budget you would like to stay in.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message, or email me directly at THOYT@prutropical.com I can then give you a better idea of the market conditions for the specific area you are considering.

No pressure, just help.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Fri Jan 25, 2013
'
Heck no you can't buy cheap in Florida, this ain't freakin West VA!

But if you buy now, you can buy up to 6% to 7% cheaper than if you wait till Dec. 2013!

We got everybody and their mother all over the freak’n world wanting to buy a piece of Florida!

Buy now or pay more later!

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps