Vinny  Intra…, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

i am retired, collect Social Security Disabilty and a Pension from the Va..can i qualify for the $8000 credit when i buy my hom?

Asked by Vinny Intranuovo, New York, NY Thu Nov 5, 2009

I dont file taxes, and wondered if id still be elligible, also i would like to know if a story i heard is true, that the government is going to try to extend the credit till 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Lew Corcoran, Agent, Easton, MA
Thu Nov 5, 2009
If you meet the income and first-time homebuyer guidelines, then you might be able to qualify for the first-time homebuyer tax credit. After you purchase a home, you will have to file a tax return to receive your tax credit.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Corning Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more