i am ready to buy the house.may i have some advice working with broker or realtor,which is best way?

Asked by Mukesh Yadav, 19341 Mon Jun 1, 2009

what is the best way to buy the house working with realtor or broker?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Renee Porsia’s answer
Renee Porsia, Agent, Newtown, PA
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Hello Mukesh,

My best advice to you is to hire a buyer agent. That agent can be a broker or a Realtor. If you don't know what the difference is between a Broker or a Realtor allow me to explain. A Realtor is someone who is licensed for no particular amount of time and is a member of a board of Realtors and has made a promise to adhere to the ethic laws.

A Broker is someone who was a Realtor and then decided that they wanted more education and took all of the classes required of them, had the necessary amount of years as a Realtor, the necessary amount of listing transactions as well as buyer transactions and then took the State tests and passed and then applied for their Broker license.

I am an Associate Broker.

A Broker can also be the Broker of Record in a real estate office. There can only be one Broker of Record so if there are more than one Broker in the same office who are not the Broker of Record, all the others are called Associate Brokers.

You should find yourself a buyer agent (again can be a Realtor or Broker) who you feel will be best for you. What is important to you? Do you want an agent who has a sense of humor or passive or aggressive?

You need to talk with a few or email a few or sit down with a few and see who will represent your interests to the best of their ability no matter what. Someone who will put your interests before their own.

Most important is that you do hire a buyer agent before you go look at properties. Learn your rights as a consumer from the buyer agent and about the process and then trust in your Realtor.

If you would like to talk with me further about your situation, feel free to email me.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask For Renee
1 vote
Sandy Bates, , Bentonville, AR
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Your main concern is to work with a licensed real estate agent--whether broker or agent--that is knowledgeable in the market your are interested in. My advise would be to select a company that specializes in the community you are seeking to live in. Then pick an agent/broker that is experienced. Ask questions.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more