i am looking to purchase in a nice town near the city 30 minutes or less. Is Bogota a family friendly town?

Asked by Dianna, New Jersey Tue May 6, 2008

Answers

9
Marc Paolella, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Tue May 6, 2008
No one will tell you that any town is NOT family friendly. So make your own judgement by visiting neighborhoods, schools, the downtown, etc.
Web Reference:  http://www.marcpaolella.com
sandysmum, Home Buyer, Fort Lee, NJ
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Real estate agents will tell you whatever you want to hear to make a sale. Therefore it is a conflict of interest to ask them. Open your eyes. I know Bogota. It is a typical NJ town, corrupt politics, mayor, the usual. But worse in the case of Bogota. Taxes are way too high, and yet schools are among the worst in the nation. High rental population. Average per capita income is relatively low. But don't take my word for it, do your homework.
More: Bogota is full of foreclosures. Deadbeats who don't pay their mortgage. Including members of the town council. The Mayor of this depressing town is Tito Jackson. I kid you not. http://www.northjersey.com/news/Bogota_mayor_resigns_cites_bitter_political_climate_on_borough_council.html
Flag Sun Jan 19, 2014
ann santee, Agent, teaneck, NJ
Thu Jul 9, 2009
Absolutely! I have sold over 100 homes in Bogota, and am impressed by the friendliness of the residents, the pride they take in their properties, and how they look after one another. Over the past 5+ years, many younger couples with children have moved into Bogota, and they are adding vibrancy to this quaint town. These parents also actively participate in the schools and their community. Centrally located, Bogota is minutes from all major highways, and also has the convenience of bus service to New York City. All of the wonderful colonials built in the 30's are being renovated, and this mile square little town is in gentrification.

Take a look around the town. The prices are reasonable, and it's a desirable area. Give me a call!

Ann Santee
Vice President/Broker Associate
Mark DeLuca Realtors
201-233-5278
Barbara Ostr…, Agent, Closter, NJ
Sun Sep 28, 2008
Very much so. You have a couple of choices in the area, depending on price. Bogota, Teaneck, Ridgefield Park, Leonia are all nice towns. Good schools, great rec programs for kids, nice pocket parks and affordable housing. I would be happy to help you in your search, please give me a call at the Coldwell Banker/Teaneck office!
Samia, Home Buyer, 07410
Sat Sep 27, 2008
HI Dianna,
I own a House in Fair Lawn, bergen county, about 15 minutes driving to the city , very close to Rt. 4, also close by train station, 3 minutes walking distance, its brand new house , 3 floors,4BR,3.5 bath and 2 kitchen.
Fair Lawn is much better than Bogota, Safe, clean , School system is excellent
Please call me for more info
Cell 551-206-3896
email: ssoliman1956@yahoo,com
Dianne Mitch…, , Wyckoff, NJ
Sat Jun 7, 2008
I'm not sure why you selected Bogota, however there are many family friendly towns in Bergen County, with terrific school systems. I would highly advise you to seek a professional Realtor to guide you through your search, rather than second guess.
Dianne Mitchell-Satriano
Web Reference:  http://DianneMitchell.com
Dan, , Just Us, Atlanta, GA
Tue May 6, 2008
Dianna, a large proportion of the people living in Bogota live in families, but that said -- it's important that you look at and research the town some to ensure it's the right fit for you.
Barbara Ostr…, Agent, Closter, NJ
Tue May 6, 2008
Hi Dianna, Marc is right about driving through the towns, etc. Bogota is a very small town just south of Teaneck and east of Hackensack, very good proximity to NYC transportation (as is Teaneck) with about 10,000 residents. It's one of the communities that has a good variety of moderate-priced homes (mostly colonials) and a one-block center of town, also multi-generation families (grown kids stay or move back and raise their families close to grandparents, etc.). I am very familiar with it and surrounding comunities, let me and my team help you!
Brett, , Bergen County, NJ
Tue May 6, 2008
Yes it is and you should come out and see it for yourself. If you would like to get started with this process, please give me a call so I can better assist you with information about towns and homes that fit your needs. I can be reached directly at 201-615-1113.
Web Reference:  http://www.BrettAnastos.com