i am looking for something i can take over the payments on

Asked by Felicia, Lafayette, LA Sun Sep 9, 2007

i want something i can take over the payments on . but nothing to high.

Answers

6
Bill Warren/…, , Mortgage Lending
Sat Sep 22, 2007
Felicia, I would like to weigh in as a lender. There is nothing wrong with the idea of "taking over the payments". I think the thing that must be said is make sure that the person's lennder who is servicing their loan (company they make their payments to) is involved and approves the transaction. Not having their approval puts anything you pay at risk (you loss your money) and the seller/owner can have their note called/accelerated. Lenders will approve an assumption if the owner/seller's note allows for it and is a better situation for them than taking the house back.

And also watch all the tv you want!
Ute Ferdig -…, Agent, New Castle, DE
Sun Sep 9, 2007
I agree with Sean P and Patrick. Without knowing more about your reasons for wanting to take over the payments, I tend to want to discourage you from doing that. Just out of curiosity, were you planning on using the services of an agent or try to buy without representation from a FSBO? Unless you are an experienced investor, I would highly recommend that you do not go that route.
Web Reference:  http://www.go2kw.com
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Sun Sep 9, 2007
Most lender have a clause that you would have to apply for the loan to take it over. You would have to qualify. Also the loan may not have great terms, interest rate of be very attractive.
Mr.P, , Arizona
Sun Sep 9, 2007
Felicia
Don't do that. If you take over the payments you are not on the loan. You have to make your payments to the person on the loan. What happens if you send them the money, and they don't send it to the bank. What if they decide to go out to dinner in Vegas?
You need to find a Great Realtor, and, or Loan officer. To see what you can afford to buy on your own
Stop watching late night T.V.
Good Luck
Misti Culbert, , 37083
Wed Dec 31, 2008
I have to agree with everyone else on this subject. If you are interested in any property in this area, just get in touch with me. I will help in any way i can.
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Mon Sep 10, 2007
Felicia,
I know there are assumable loans, is that what you are trying to ask about? If so, make sure the terms are good. That would be the only reason I can think of. My first home had a 4.34% low interest arm and was assumable. This would be a good reaon to conider. Otherwise, I agree with the others. Too risky.