i am looking for investment property in Port Hueneme. I see where some beach area homes have dropped

Asked by Jeff Johansen, Orange County, CA Sat Mar 29, 2008

dramatically.. Is this area worth investing in and what future growth is planned for the area. I have read articles and talked to realtors.
All said the PH has good potential. Any thoughts?

Answers

8
Tracy Lu Gui…, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Wed Oct 29, 2008
If you put down 20% on a $300k home, you can cashflow approximately $400/mo. Last month we closed 4 deals using this equation for investors...we were able to market the propertys for tenants while the home was in escrow...Cashflow is the key to investing, and not so much playing the equity game right now.
Matt Polaski, Agent, Oxnard, CA
Wed Jun 11, 2014
I have sold 8 properties in the beach area. All condos and each cash flowed positive with great appreciation. The other great fact is the proximity of the Navy base which allows for great renter pool.

Call me if interested in my thoughts of the area.

Matt Polaski
805-760-4564
Hi Matt, we are looking for a beach front condo or duplex in Port Hueneme, ocean view. 2 bed 2 baths min because we are going to share it between 2 families. Our budget is $300, 000.
Susanna, susank@uchomecare.com
Flag Sun Jun 14, 2015
Liz DeMello, Agent, Camarillo CA 93010, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Jeff:
I recently sold a beautiful condo in the Surfside II area of P.H. and was able to get direct ocean view at the amazing price of $272,000 call me and I'll give you exact address and even provide you with a client testimonials for this particular unit. Im here to help, Liz DeMello @ Keller Williams 805-603-6709
Lizdemello@outlook.com
Ray Croteau, , Port Hueneme, CA
Sun May 25, 2008
this area has some of the best weather in in the country. No air needed here. With SOARS keeping development to a min. PH will be sought after property once all the forclosures have been bought up. By 2010 you should see 30% increase in value
Tammy M. Keil, , Ventura, CA
Fri Apr 11, 2008
Hi Jeff,

Hopefully you are still looking for input regarding buying investment real estate in Port Hueneme. The best part of buying an investment property in Port Hueneme is we have such a large military base in the city and as always, it is necessary for some service members and their families to find housing off base. There are always sailors looking for a place off base. (My last duty station was Port Hueneme and it was always a topic of conversation...)

As the city grows and progresses we will see an increase in the curb appeal of many of the older homes. Port Hueneme is offering many programs to get current homeowners to rehabilitate their property. See the following link. http://www.ci.port-hueneme.ca.us/neighpres/affordable_housin…

Hope this helps! I'm always available to answer any future questions at http://www.TammyKeil.com.

Tammy Keil
RE/MAX Gold Coast Realtors
(805) 797-2068
Web Reference:  http://www.TammyKeil.com
Stuart Monte…, Agent, Santa Paula, CA
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Hi Jeff,

There is a great deal of foreclosure activity and short pays going on in the Port Hueneme area right now with no known end in sight. I would recommend that you continue in a "watch" position until the Port Hueneme area begins to settle down a bit.
Hi, , Virginia
Tue Apr 1, 2008
aaahhh, yes, the good 'ole' days of the bubble
get the 2000 price on the property
use that as a basis
if you can't get it for about 2000 prices
it may be risky

anyways

good luck
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Tue Apr 1, 2008
Long Term you will be okay, If you look at beach property south to San Diego all those areas are pretty well developed, it's only a matter of time were LA county residents look to Ventura County for second homes near the beach.........well that is already happening. Also consider that Santa Barbara is pushing people south and you can see why places near CIH have been going up in value over the course of the last 15 years.

Ask youself......do you follow the herd or are you a contrarian?

Last make sure you find a Realtor that actually owns investment property. It's better to work with people who actually have skin in the game.

If you would like to chat send an email or give me a call.