i am looking at a home to buy in lake worth for $328,000 and was wondering what the property raxes a year are?

Asked by Shane, Lake Worth, FL Sun Jun 8, 2008

Answers

4
Roger Theria…, Home Owner, Lantana, FL
Sun Jun 8, 2008
The best way to estimate taxes on a property purchase is to go straight to the property appraiser's website (see below) and search for the property ("Record Search"), see the current year's taxes and assessed value, and then use the calculator at the bottom of the page to determine the likely taxes after a purchase (since they can change dramatically due to the effect of Save Our Homes).

And if you need information about how properties are assessed, and what exemptions are available, the property appraiser again would have the best information.

There is a lot of conflicting information out there... and while this year's taxes may be predictable, next year's depend on a lot of factors. You'll want to take future taxes into consideration, not just this year's.

Generally, on any property you purchase, given roughly the same price, market value, and millage rate, your taxes are going to be about the same in future years, after the property has transferred to your ownership. So you probably don't need to focus too much on a specific property's current taxes, as much as you'd want to know the tax impact on your move in general terms, as in "how much will I be paying per month in property taxes"? Same thing goes for property insurance, although - that is where you can find radical differences in costs depending on location, age, construction, and windstorm mitigation features.
Bocasweete, Home Owner, Greenacres, FL
Thu Jul 11, 2013
if you can afford $450,000, I can sell you a 4 bedroom home, in central Lake worth, with barn lake pool etc totally upgraded with the best oof the best, with low property taxes, as we are on 2 acres, and the property is zoned agricultural so you get a large tax discount. also If you own a horse you can get a large tax credit to lower your taxes, livestock allowed including rv, trucks etc walk to schools shopping nearby, etc.561 305 7000 owner melanie
Melanie, how do you get a tax credit on a horse? ONE horse? Unless you are raising to eat or are a breeder, I'm not so sure you can get tax credit...maybe the law is different here than CA? I'm planning on buying horse prop. in the future, so maybe you can clue me in! Thanks.
Flag Mon Jul 21, 2014
Frank Olguin, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fri Jun 19, 2009
Shane,
I will be very pleased to give you a Good Faith Estimate of all of your costs to purchase a home, which includes your property taxes. Im a Mortgage Banker for a direct lender- meaning we fund and service our own loans at competitive rates, because we eliminate the middleman. If your a first time home buyer, we assist you in getting your $8,000 tax credit in weeks not months. Also, if your credit is not the greatest, its not an issue with us, because we offer free credit repair. I can get you a written commitment letter within 24 hours of submission of your application & documentation! Try going to a traditional bank and you will have to wait for 30-45 days for them just to look at your file.

regards,
Frank Olguin
Mortgage Banker
AmericaHomeKey Inc.,
500 W. Cypress Creek Rd. , Suite 330
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Folguin@americahomekey.com
954-771-7715 x104 Office
954-379-4469 P fax
561-386-9731 Cell
Hablo Espanol
Juan A. Oliva, , West Palm Beach, FL
Sun Jun 8, 2008
Shane,

Roger is right on the money, There is talk that the Tax Assesor's Office is increasing mill rate next year to compensate for tax cuts and Save our Homes Amendment to lessen the burden to the county on lost tax revenues. I found this article that helps you understand how the process works.

I hope this helps you.

Juan Oliva
Mortgage Consultant
Asap Mortgage & Investments Inc.
Mortgage Banker/Correspondent Lender
561-719-3094
Fax 561-969-9087
Approved FHA Lender
jolivamortgage@aol.com
Apply on Line @ http://www.asapmortgage.org

When you buy a house, you pay based on the taxes the person has been paying before you.. so hopefully you buy from someone who has been there for a while*¹*. Since homes' new assessed values are released around November, thats when your taxes make that 'jump' based on a new assessed value on a recent purchase.. so it depends when you buy. Best time to buy (for tax purposes and keeping your 1st year of payments down) is November, since you will pay based on the older/prior tax amount until next November.. ;) goood tip! After that you pay on the new assessed value, so get ready for a jump in your tax payment (or monthly payment if you escrow your taxes