i am going for the cash for keys program. can i remove my custom cabinets and leave a standard one piece unit cabinet purchased from home depot?

Asked by frannys007, Lido Beach, NY Mon May 21, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Williams, Agent, Baldwin, NY
Mon May 21, 2012
There will most certainly be an agreement with the bank, for the “cash for keys program” that you will be required to sign. If you have gotten that far, the answer to your question is in that agreement.

Typically, whether you’re entering a program such as this or simply selling your home, items of this nature are considered fixtures in the property and are not “usually” removed from the home.

Either way, you should speak to your bank representative; they may be able to help you out with that.
Also, you should contact a Realtor in your area; they will be able to advise you as well.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon May 21, 2012
Your attorney can better answer the question, consider a consultation...
0 votes
Steve Vennem…, Agent, Pine Springs, MN
Mon May 21, 2012
I would check with the bank before you do this? http://www.njhomescontractfordeed.com/rent_to_own.html
0 votes
Ian A. Wolf, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Mon May 21, 2012
You will need to check your cash for keys agreement with the bank as they can vary. If you are speaking about your kitchen cabinetry, they are fixtures and are not typically items you can take with you whether you are participating in "cash for keys" or selling your home. I can almost guarantee you that if you remove cabinets when you leave you will not receive your "cash." Talk with your contact for the "cash for keys" there is always a chance they may work something out with you.

Hope that helps.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Oceanside Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more