i am a veteran, credit score under 600, with about 15% down payment if needed, yearly salary about 34, 000

Asked by Deb, Apollo Beach, FL Tue Jul 21, 2009

what are my chances of possibly qualifying for a loan

Answers

4
Jessica Bate…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Aug 1, 2013
VA and FHA really isn't credit score driven, it's the Banks and Lenders that set those score requirements. There are a few lenders that go down to 580, I personally have closed on several homes with clients around and under 600. I recommend all my clients that have credit issues to check with The Lenders Network, check them out. If anyone can get you approved they can!
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Aug 1, 2013
This is FOUR YEARS old!!!
Do you think she's gotten a house?
Irina LaMar, , Fairfax, VA
Tue Jul 21, 2009
Your chances are good. Get together with a loan officer/ lender to see how much you will pre-qualify for.

Rates are pretty good right now.

All the best!
Lisa Reeves, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Jul 21, 2009
You need to sit down with someone to review everything - since you are in Apollo Beach you may have a few options. First option is USDA 100% financing with lower allowed credit scores. The second option is VA if you are eligible - you would need to have your letter to prove you are eligible. If you would like a referral to a great mortgage broker - please contact Kevin Reeves at 813-728-4992 or by email at kevinsreeves@gmail.com.

If you are looking at other areas of town - I am the project manager with Westshore Community Development Corporation and have access to some of the down payment assistance through the city of Tampa. WCDC is also going to be working with Neighborhood Stabilization Program 1 and 2. So you have many options and I would be happy to help you understand all of them.