how wide spread is sunkhole problem in fl.?

Asked by Felix A., Spring Hill, FL Thu Feb 21, 2013

Answers

7
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Recently sold a home that had sink hole remediation completed.
New owners added a pool, family room and two bedrooms after owning home for three years of their over 20 year ownership.
Remediation was completed 17 years ago. New buyers believe a home that has received remediation has sitting on a much more stable foundation.
-
Recently sold several condos in a community with remediation in progress. Again, a remeditated property has more stabilizing grout beneath it.
-
Sinkholes, sand, tropical storms and sunscreen....all part of the environment.
Snow, ice. road salt, snow tires, dead batteries, strained backs, not so much a part of the Florida experience..
gdth1100, Home Buyer, Spring Hill, FL
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Bill Holm, Home Buyer, Anchorage, AK
Sun Apr 21, 2013
Here's a nice visual. Pasco/Hernando/Citris are Sink hole central

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/realtime/files/2013/01/sinkho…
Charles D He…, Home Buyer, Vandalia, IL
Sun Feb 24, 2013
it may be every where , but New Port Richy and Spring Hill are the King and Queen of sinkholes.
Kimberly McF…, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Well considering the whole State of Florida is prone to them, I would say statewide. You can be living on a sinkhole and never know it. I have two sinkholes under my house, not repaired, and one that opened up after TS Debbie, it is about 20 feet wide and 10 feet deep.
The Florida…, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Also - For more information specifically about sinkholes, please check out this website by The Southwest Florida Water Management District:
The Florida…, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Hi Felix - the best thing to remember is that Florida is basically a big sand bar jutting out into the water :) While some areas are more prone to sinkhole insurance claims than others - there are sinkholes throughout the state. Are you specifically looking for property in the 34606 Zip Code? If so, I've put together a list of everything currently available in that area - feel free to click the link below to see what's out there!

http://hernandocountyhomesearch.com/s/2sCt1bff

Prices in that area currently range from $25,000 to $279,000.

I hope this was helpful for you!