how to find land/buildings zoned professional & residential. need house for ofc & live in

Asked by Stu, New Jersey Wed Jan 30, 2008

Looking for a house on a lot where I can run my medical practice AND also either live in it or rent out a room or space for living.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kathy Carter, , Bergen County, NJ
Tue Feb 26, 2008
Check out Summit Ave in Hackensack.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Sat Feb 2, 2008
Hey Stu - again not sure what area or price range you are looking in but a professional/residential zoned property was just listed today in Caldwell area (West Essex, Essex County). Reach out to me if you want me to send you the link. Thanks.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
(973)228-1000 ext 132
0 votes
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Fri Feb 1, 2008
Stu, working with a Realtor will definitely help you find the type of property you are looking for with less headache than you going at it alone. With that being said, you would either have to find specific properties that already have this usage in place and contact the zoning office of that town to find out exactly what it is zoned for or if you found a location but it's current use isn't an office/residence then you would have to call the zoning office to find out if it can be used for such use. It's much easier having an agent narrow down the properties for you because it can be very time consuming for an individual to have to contact the zoning office of every town to determine occupany use. I can help you out if you are looking in Essex Morris or Passaic Counties! Good Luck!!
Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
(973)228-1000 ext 132
0 votes
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Thu Jan 31, 2008
Hi Stu,
You will often find these properties around the hospitals.
If you let us know which sections of NJ you are interested in, I'm sure an agent will reply with some specifics for you. Unfortunately, most search engines available to the public will not have this information. It is more than an issue of zoning, also of permitted use.
Good luck!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Janet Levy-M…, Agent, Forked River, NJ
Wed Jan 30, 2008
Dear Stu,

Well, if you are looking to find this information out without the use of a Realtor, you would be best served to visit the tax offices in whatever towns you are looking to purchase in and ask them for areas that are zoned commercial/residential.

Otherwise a realtor will be able to look up homes that are currently on the market that meet that criteria in the multiple listing system for you. Once you find out what's zoned for both, then you just have to confirm that a medical office is an approved use for that particular property.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me via e-mail. My company does a lot of commercial business in the Ocean and Monmouth County areas. Good Luck to you!

Janet Levy-Minetti
Broker-Salesperson/Office Manager
Crossroads Realty/Lacey Office
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more