how's the market?

Asked by Jennifer Stein, Westwood, MA Sat Nov 15, 2008

Answers

4
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sat Nov 15, 2008
It's a great industry.......and especially now, hard work will pay off.
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sat Nov 15, 2008
Hi Jennifer:

I think how the market is all depends on which side you are on and which location you are at.

Real Estate is local, local and local and even within Marin County, San Francisco Bay Area, one of the best places to buy in Marin, there are very many different micro markets (even within a city). Some are extremely popular, others are stale. Within a city, a certain price range works differently than the other.

So, there will be no blanket statement from me about how the market is, it will just be too naive and irresponsible.

How the market is really depends on your purpose.

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Nov 15, 2008
Jennifer,

Welcome to Trulia.....
It a wonderful resource with applications to assist both buyers & sellers and real estate professionals.

Michael Giles, Agent, Beverly, MA
Sat Nov 15, 2008
HI Jennifer,
There is still pleanty of business out there, it just takes a whole lot more work to find and close. Lead generation skills, having a knowledgable network of related professionals and being prepared to work the deals harder are the keys to this market.

I could have three closings before Dec 15th or I could have none. Two have taken over two months after our offer to get to this point. I closed a short sale on Oct. 29th with my buyers that put their initial offer in on July,11th.

Finding a way to feed and manage your pipeline is crucial. I've spent the last two hours on LinkedIn, Trulia and craigslist trying to get leads either to me or my website. If you have any stratagies that are working and want to share I'm all ears!!! Best of Luck