how much should i expect to pay for home inspection in port charlotte fl?

Asked by Boludo24, Charlotte County, FL Sun Apr 10, 2011

I want to get checked for termites and wind mitigation done as well as septic... and whatever standard stuff get that gets checked.. just ball park guess would be appreciated. its small 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house 980 square feet

Answers

10
Jason Stevens, , Englewood, FL
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Hi Boludo24 - Here is an approximate breakdown of costs assoicated with the various inspections you mentioned. First I want to say congrads on getting these inspections done. It is vital to the purchasing process that you rely on qualified professionals to take a look at a property before you purchase. Just for reference I have been involved with (or present at I should say) over 200 home inspections and numerous septic, termite and wind mitigation inspections. Keep in mind my esitmates are based on companies that I have dealt in the 8 years I have been practicing real estate. It took a year or so of trail and error to get down a list of companies I trust (and my customers seem to appreciate) to so the job right and in a timely fashion. With that said:

Professional Home Inspection: I assume there is no pool. The inspection should run you around $275-$300. You should also ask the inspector if they check for signs of chinese drywall. I expect that this is an older home and therefor you shouldn't have any issues unless the house was recently remodeled, so ask JUST IN CASE.

Wind Mitigation: Some home inspectors now a days are qualified to perform this function so ask your inspector if he/she is. It should cost around $75

Septic Inspection: This is a toss up only because it "depends" I've had septic inspections that ended up costing $150 ONLY because it was a new house and there was little to no waste in the tank so no "pump out" was needed. My guess is this house is not new and therefor has waste material in the tank. No reptuable septic company should perform a full septic inspection without a "pump out" of the tank. So you should expect to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $350-$450. I can not stress to you enough to make sure that the company you choose gives you a summary of what they are going to inspect.

Termite & WDO Inspection: There are companies that will do this for free if it's ordered through your real estate agent. There may be some that would do it for free if you order so check around. If not you an expect it to cost somewhere in the neighborhood $50-$75

Just a reminder to make sure that the seller has the power on and the water on the day of inspections. Nothing more frustrating than getting to the house and the utilites aren't on!

And one other thing. With all due respect to some of the out of state agents that responded to this question I would follow the advice of those agents that "work in the area" of your home. To say I'd be surprised to see it more than $450-$500 is not an accurate figure. Maybe in MD but not here in Port Charlotte. Prices for some of these services vary from city to city let alone state to state.

Good luck with the purchase..let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Jason Stevens, GRI
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
jasonstevens181@comcast.net
William True, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Ball park figure, $250, give or take $50 for the inspection; some WDO(wood destroying organism) inspectors offer a free inspection, others charge $45 - $75. The wind mit is usually $75 to $100.
Web Reference:  http://truesarasota.com
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Rates are quoted by square footage. You can read about getting a home inspection and see a list of inspectors on my web page at http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/home-inspection.aspx

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Lacy286, Home Owner, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Mar 4, 2014
better check if you are looking to buy in the Spring Lake area...trying to put in SEWER! more tax! check with the commissioners office . 10k added to house .we thought we bought house with city sewer ,but nooo ....realtor lied.
Nickie Sherw…, Agent, North Port, FL
Sat Aug 11, 2012
I HAVE A HOME INSPECTOR WHO USUALLY CHARGES AROUND $250 TO $300. ADD $50 MORE AND YOU;LL GET A WIND MITIGATION FOR YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. 941-628-3396.
Builder, , Port Charlotte, FL
Sat Apr 21, 2012
Construction Professionals, Inc has been in this area since 1994 building our community, we provide all inspections and can do any and all of the work that needs done in a timely manner. Check out our website http://www.cpibuilders.com or call Wayne at 941-628-4746 Thank you.
Lorraine Say…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Your local agents can give you the dollar figure for your area however, I caution you to shop for a home inspector that gives you a detailed list of what he/she inspects and the cost of any additional reports that would be recommended for south Florida such as mold, sewer line, etc. This is one of the most critical areas in the buying process and not a place to shop only by price......cheapest isn't always in your best interest with inspectors. Congrats on purchasing a home and Port Charlotte is a fantastic city- I'm from southwest Florida and know the area very well.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Apr 10, 2011
Your buyers agent can assist you OR contact inspectors for their rates

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
The Roskelly…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Sun Apr 10, 2011
That is going to vary by your inspector but for a house that size I would be surprised to see it go over $450 - $500 for all inspections. Good luck with your purchase.
Randy and Vi…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Sun Apr 10, 2011
The price normaly goes by the sqft of the home and a average home 1400 to 1800 can run $250 to $350, but you will also want a wind mitigation report which can and another $50 to $75. The wind mitigation report may be useful for your hurricane insurance discounts.
Termite inspections prices range from free to $75. Septic tank inspections and pumps can start at $275 or so and that is with no repairs. I hope this has help and if I can help answer other questions feel free to contact me.