Home Buying in Beverly Hills>Question Details

Ilan And Han…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

how much it cost for new construction per sq ft ?

Asked by Ilan And Hannah Cohen, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jun 27, 2012

There are a lot of factors that go into this. Size, location and quality of product are the major factors. Also, do you have your own crew or will you contract this out. If you get a bit more specific, the numbers can be narrowed down.
Ilan and Hannah, it depends on location, size and type. In other words if it is a condominium or a house or a mansion it will be different. Which ones are you inquiring about?

Let me know if you need any additional help. Feel free to reach out to me directly at

Endre Barath,Jr.
Prudential California Realty
Beverly Hills, CA

Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
Price is relative to the type of property you are thinking of building. New construction can be
anywhere between $800,000 to $40,000,000 or more. Having said that, on average somewhere between $150.00 to $300.00 per square depending on the quality of the materials and the square footage of the house.

Hava Simchon
It's going to depend GREATLY on how the lot is situated, will the house be hanging off the mountainside or will it be mostly constructed on a flatter parcel, THAT right there is going to make an entire estimate vary greatly.

I do suggest you contact an architect first, I'd like to refer you to one with 30yrs experience, she can give you 3D CAD designs too. Her name is Cheryl Williamsen of Paradigm Design, you can reach her at 714-381-3459 or send her an email at CWilliamsen@ParadigmDsn.com. She does have contractors & subs you can work with to complete your project too. She knows all the ins & outs of working with LA county for your plans & permits.

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
In B.H. you can acurately figure on paying between $500 per square foot and $5,000 per square foot.
Contacting Contractors in the area for estimates would be the way to go.
Probably an Architect first; and he could recommend a Contractor.

Good luck and may God bless