how much is homeowners insurance in the area?

Asked by Erica, Fort Myers, FL Mon Mar 14, 2011

Answers

10
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
It all depends on the house. Location, construction, size, etc. You really need to call an insurance agent with a specific address.
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Jul 12, 2012
as others have said, it depends on location, age, construction, etc, Insurance agents require a specific address to give a quote. A wind mitigation report can save you a $1000 a year,
Chanel, , Murrieta, CA
Thu Jul 12, 2012
There are a couple of factors that would affect the cost.
Replacement cost of the home which is determined by the type of building materials used to build the house, territory or zip code, your insurance history such as insurance score and claims history if any, and a few other factors depending on the company. Its always best to get a couple quotes and compare not just rates but also coverage. Some policies are broad form and some are special which are very different contracts. You really need to get some quotes from insurance agents and compare them. Its a bit of work but hopefully the company you get insured with is the one you keep for a while.
Web Reference:  http://myinsurancenerd.com
Marc Comisar, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Thu Mar 17, 2011
I would call Ted Todds Allstate office.......you can simply Google him. They write through many "A" rated companies.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Mar 15, 2011
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation has a very useful website that provides a comparison of homeowner’s insurance rates by county for a number of carriers: http://www.shopandcomparerates.com/HOCompareSelect.htm

Good luck with your search!
LLoyd Nichols, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Mar 15, 2011
Erica, as you saw from the previous answers there is no straight answer. It will depend on if you are financing or not.Either way you will with most insurer need a wind mitigation and 4 points inspections which cost between $75-$150. It will depend on size, flood location and content.So far my most competitive Insurer has been Tom: Here are his contact numbers: Thomas Tamboureas

Insurance Principal, Agent
The Insurance Megastore, Inc.
16050 S. Tamiami Trl Ste 107
Fort Myers, FL 33908
Office: 239-225-6342

Fax: 239-334-6342
The insurance megastore, Inc.
1716 cape coral parkway e
cape coral, fl 33904

I have seen Homeowners insurance for as low as $500/month for a $65K home in Cape Coral and over $1400 for a home with pool on canal gul access for a $200K home. For a condo its going to be very affordable as you wil be responsable for only the inside of the condo.
and Happy Hunting!

LLoyd Nichols
Sandals Realty of SWFL
cell: 239-810-2980
office: 239-463-5217
Wow! $500 a month is low??? I live in Caifornia and home ownwers insurance is about $1200 to 2000 max per year for new homes ols ones $350 to 500 per year eevn lower I pay for my house $350 a year! its crazy expensive in florida!
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Insurance rates vary based on value of home AND content. Refer your questions to an insurance professional

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Hi Erica,
This not a patent answer. I have seen $50K - $80K (1300 - 1700 sf) homes that are in non-flood zones go as low as $800/yr and up to $1800/yr depending on the area they are in. If I were you, I would plan on $100 per month expense to be avgerage. Let me know if you can use the assistance of a buyers agent. My fees are paid by the seller or seller's bank. Happy to help you when you are ready. Need a website that gives you up to date listing information then try the link below.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2010" By Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Website access to MLS:
Josh Burdine, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
For the most part if the property is west of I-75 you are considered in a flood zone and are required to carry flood insurance along with your traditional home owners insurance(several exceptions like some areas of San Carlos Park). I am not an insurance agent and this is a just a personal estimate based off of my own costs, but with a 200k valued property that is built with the newest hurricane codes I would say to budget at least $150 per month just to be safe for flood and home. Like previously stated there are so many factors that determine your exact insurance cost its really is home specific. I definetly recommend consulting with an insurance agent once you locate a property that you are interested in.
Web Reference:  http://www.joshburdine.com
Sandy Saddle…, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Mon Mar 14, 2011
This is a good Insurance question. I would contact a few agents to see what insurance would cost on your particular property.