how much 2 family house in park slope are now? i would like to buy a house in central park slope so can anyone help me with it - how much the taxes a

Asked by Tina, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY Tue Dec 29, 2009

Answers

5
Jennifer Hero’s answer
Jennifer Hero, , Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Hi Tina,

I'm an agent in Park Slope at Warren Lewis Realty, living in central Slope and the price range is approximately from $1.3 million (and 2 family brownstones have sold for about $1.3 in the past year) to $3 million. The closer you get to Prospect Park the more expensive the properties get. Barbara gave you some good information on taxation below. Also note that the more "families" that the building is legally allowed to house, the higher the taxes are. People have been able to adjust that when they are using the building only for 1 family, but it's difficult to do. The best place to look for all properties is the New York Times website real estate section. Virtually everyone advertises their properties there. With the more expensive properties they often don't hold open houses (shown by appointment only) but they do advertise them in the Times.

I am happy to assist you with your search. Please email me directly (nycHero1@gmail.com) and I will call you or forward my phone number to you so you can call me.

Warm regards,
Jennifer Hero
New York State Licensed Real Estate Sales Agent

Warren Lewis Realty
Serving Park Slope for over 30 Years
123A. Seventh Avenue
Park Slope, NY 11215
718.638.6500
http://www.WarrenLewis.com
Alen Moshkov…, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Dec 31, 2009
Hi Tina,

It's hard to get exact numbers on price and inventory for Townhouses in Brooklyn or Manhattan. There are many small, local Brooklyn real estate firms which don't co-broker their deals and god knows only where they advertise. In my opinion this does injustice to sellers who need to sell their homes and aren't aware that their broker isn't doing everything they can to sell it, directly or co-broker.

Looking in our system alone, there are 8 two family homes on the market and 5 3 family homes. It's possible that I would be able to find few more properties by doing a more extensive search for you and walking the neighborhood.
Price range for these buildings is $699,000 at the lowest end and $2,995 at the highest.
Ultimately it will come down to the building size and your lot/block.

Anything specific that you were interested in, or specific blocks?

I'll be happy to meet with you and discuss this further if you like. How does SouthSide cofffee sound?

Feel free to email or call me.
347-277-9304
Alen.Moshkovich@elliman.com
Barbara Ann…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Dec 29, 2009
There are only a few two family houses in Park Slope (above 17th St) currently on the market, and their asking prices range from $1.3 million for a wood-frame house on Prospect Avenue, to $1.5 million or so for a nice, under 20' wide house in the north Slope, to over $3 million for an extra-wide landmarked mansion in prime center Slope.

Taxes vary depending on the lot size, square footage, and the number of times the property had changed hands -- in the above examples, taxes range from $2K to $7K to per year (and it isn't the most expensive house that has the highest tax bill).

Your best bet is to work with a real estate broker who is completely "plugged in" to this very small market. Many high-end properties are never openly advertised for sale, due to their owners' desire for privacy. Please let me kow if you would like any further information on any of these listings.

Happy New Year and good luck with your search.
Charles D'Al…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue Dec 29, 2009
Hello Tina, I am Charles D'Alessandro with Fillmore Real Estate. If you are looking for a house in Park Slope I would be glad to assist you. You can contact me any time at the office 718 253-9600 ext. 206 or e mail me at charlesdalessandro@fillmore.com with your wants and needs.

Charles D'Alessandro
Fillmore Real Estate
718 252-9600
charlesdalessandro@fillmore.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Dec 29, 2009
If you don't have an agent, now is the time to call a few Realty offices, interview a couple of agents and choose the one you like best. He/she will guide you best, as far as pricing, comparables sales, showings,etc.

Anna