how is gladwyne real estate in 2009? if asking price is 650,000 - how much should we offer as a price?

Asked by S Jones, Sun Feb 22, 2009

Answers

4
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Sun Feb 22, 2009
2009 just started. If you need to find out if a home is worht what the asking price is, you really should consult with a real estate agent. Find one that will work for you and have your interests in mind. They will do a market analysis on the home(s) you are looking at and you should base your offer upon that, how much work needs to be done on the home, how much you like the home, etc.

I would be happy to do this for you if you are not working with an agent right now.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
REALTOR®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550
tcharest@HomesForFreedom.com
“Century 21 is the number one franchise site on the Internet”
Chris & Step…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Feb 23, 2009
S,

You question is a good one. I can help you find the answer. I wrote blog post on that very question. I think it may be helpful for you to read.
http://thesomersteam.activerain.com/post/935158/how-do-you-d…

I hope it helps.
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Mon Feb 23, 2009
I agree with Carol. It sounds like a good price.When you make an offer you should not base it on asking price but on comps. A house may be priced much higher than market value because an agent will accept a listing no matter how high the seller wants to list it. Some agents advise the seller to list at market value. Some list below market to sell quickly. In this case they may get multiple offers sometimes and it can even sell for more than list price. Use a good agent who will guide you and negotiate for you.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
Carol Cei, Agent, Maple Glen, PA
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Hello, S Jones,

Gladwyne has always been a very desirable address. Actually, $650,000 is a pretty modest price for this very expensive area. There is no rule of thumb on what to offer. You need to work with an agent who understands value issues clearly. Then that agent must find appropriate comparable sales of homes that have sold in the last 6-9 months which are almost identical to the one you are considering. That will show you what homes have actually been selling for.

If you need help with this, please let me know. I have a very strong appraisal background so I understand values, list to sale ratios, etc.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
215-649-1720
carolcei@remax.net