how hard is it to take a eviction off your report and how does it affect home buying?

Asked by Castillothom, Fri Jan 4, 2013

Answers

3
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Facts are facts, my friend.

If the report of eviction is on your credit report correctly why do you think it should be removed?

If it is in error, that is another story. You can contact the credit bureau(s) and ask them the procedure for correct an erroneous report.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Not sure you can take it off.
The other question you have to ask is if the eviction is valid, and you can get it taken off, is this considered mortgage fraud.

Mortgage fraud is a very serious crime and they are putting people in prison for this now.

You have to sign that the credit reports and other information you provide to the lender is accurate. Signing that it is accurate when it isn't could be considered fraud. My advice is don't do it and don't risk it.
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jan 4, 2013
It depends if the eviction was reported or put on your credit report. Pull your credit to find out. If it has, it will take 7 to 10 years to fall off.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty