how do you get mineral rights to your house and land?

Asked by Me, Lawrence, KS Sun Sep 2, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rob Lang :), Agent, Lawrence, KS
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Tim certainly has everything well spelled out below. The only thing I would add would be to ask the title company to let you know which rights were transferred to you when you bought your house and land. They usually have attorneys working for them or in the case of Capital Title; it is owned by an attorney. Only if this doesn't get you the answers you need would you need to hire your attorney.
1 vote
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sun Sep 2, 2012
If you buy a house with a general warranty deed you have the mineral rights, special warranty deeds and other types exclude, or can exclude, some things that are included in the general warranty deed. BTW, I doubt your house has many mineral rights, but your land certainly can. Consult your lawyer.
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more