how do you filter your search to show only country type homes not in subdivisions?

Asked by scauthen, Sealy, TX Sat Sep 29, 2012

I would like to identify the older stand alone properties coming up for sale in say, Katy and Cypress school districts that are not in subdivisions without getting the hundreds of listings that are in subdivions -is it possible to make search like this?

Answers

4
Lance Loken’s answer
Lance Loken, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Sep 30, 2012
I agree with the previous answers - your best bet is going to be to work with a Realtor. They can do the hard work for you! They'll have to sift through answers much like you do, but they'll have more search options and more experience looking through listings.

One option not mentioned yet, though, is the map search tool in HAR. It would be tedious, but you could target Cypress and Katy and search that way. In a lot of cases, you can tell what's a neighborhood by the layout of the roads. If you really wanted to search yourself my advice would be to go out to the suburbs and try selecting areas that way. This is a long shot, but could be the most effective way for you to search yourself (it would guarantee that you're searching outside of neighborhoods).

But, I stand by my previous suggestion - it's going to be a lot easier to work with a Realtor! If we can be of service, please message us or give us a call. We have a Buyer's Specialist now who is searching for homes just like this for another client, so she would be great for you to work with - may even already have listings in mind!

Hope this helps,

The Loken Group
281- 861- 4624
info@TheLokenGroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.thelokengroup.com
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Sep 29, 2012
A Realtor can indeed establish such criteria on our HAR search page ... we have far more filters available than does the consumer. There is an option combination for single family homes in unrestricted areas ... and if I were to list your geographical preferences (Cypress, Katy, etc.) within that category, I would only receive information on homes in those locations without restrictions. We may have to do a bit more digging within those listings, but if something is available, it will be considerably easier to find. I'd be happy to set something up. Please feel free to contact me.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Mia Bendixsen, Agent, Bellaire, TX
Sun Sep 30, 2012
It's easiest to use a realtor. Otherwise you will find yourself sifting through a lot of homes guessing. We can do the leg work for you. We also have access to information that you may not. Find a realtor you are comfortable with and let them do the work from finding the right home to the offer, contracts, negotiation, etc.
Honestly, that is the best way to find what you need. House hunting should be fun if you let a realtor do the hard work! Good luck and all the best!
Mia Bendixsen
Century 21 Olympian
mia.shorey@century21.com
832-560-0730
http://www.movewithmia.com
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Sep 29, 2012
From HAR.COM they dont have enough filters.
Your Realtor can create custom searches and put you on either Auto Alert or set you up a gateway so you can search and save.

You can use the Home/Acreage filter, but in those areas you will get a lot of big commercial land properties and only a handfull of country homes.
The best filter that can be used would be unrestricted property types if you are looking for properties with out Home Owners Associations.

In the end, it is a chicken peck search to insure that lightly restricted properties are not counted out.