how do I remove pictures of my claimed home?

Asked by Hannaleez, Concord, CA Sat Jan 22, 2011

Answers

4
Herculesmove…, Home Owner, Provo, UT
Sun Dec 16, 2012
HOW DO I GET RID OF MY ADDRESS FROM TULIA EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T HAVE MY PERMISSION TO POST MY PICTURES AND PUBLIC INFORMATION. MY HOUSE IS NOT FOR SALE AT ALL. I THINK I WILL SUE TULIA.COM FOR POSTING MY ADDRESS WITHOUT MY CONSENT...IF TULIA DOESN'T ADD A BUTTON TO DELETE MY CLAIMED ADDRESS SOON, I WILL SUE THEM VERY SOON
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Jan 23, 2011
Hanna,

Since you are posting this question here I would assume that you are referring to photos listed here of a property you now own. I believe you need to contact whoever posted them, which should be the listing agent.

You can also contact Trulia and ask them if there is anything you can do on your own.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Jan 23, 2011
Hannaleez,

I am not clear on your question. Do you mean removing photos of a home you just purchased from the MLS? If so, that will probably not happen. The photos will stay on the MLS as a sold listing. Years from now, when you decide to sell, agents can still pull the photos from the previous listings.

If you are referring to your property listing still showing active on third party sites even though it's already sold, they will eventually be removed or marked as sold but sometimes it takes weeks for that to happen.

Oggi Kashi
Paragon Real Estate Group DRE01844627
Mark Claesse…, Agent, Coon Rapids, MN
Sat Jan 22, 2011
Hannaleez,

I am assuming you are talking about the photos that are on the MLS? I will go with that.

Unfortunately you cannot. When we submit photos to the MLS when we list a house become the sole property of the MLS. In fact, once we submit them, WE can't even use that photo again unless we can prove we have the original.

Our regional MLS does delete the ancillary photos after about 2 years and they only keep the main photo (usually the exterior front).

You can, however, beg the listing agent to take them off before you close on your home. Just be prepared for him/her to not go along with that.

Mark