how do I remove my ex-husbands name from the deed of the house?

Asked by Pam, 30101 Mon Feb 11, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Feb 11, 2008
See a real estate attorney......

The "Eckler Team"
0 votes
Lewis Poretz…, , Annapolis, MD
Mon Feb 11, 2008
Chris is right - somehow, if his name is on the current deed, he needs to sign off the deed. If he is on the mortgage as well, you will have to refinance to get him off. If he is on the loan, he is on the deed. You cannot just "sign" off a mortgage note. You would have to qualify on your own.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Mon Feb 11, 2008
Have him sign a quit claim deed, have it notarized and record it with the county clerk.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more