Jane, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

how do I release current realtor?

Asked by Jane, Atlanta, GA Thu Dec 30, 2010

Answers

9
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Dec 30, 2010
While holding front of slingshot firmly in your left hand, put current Realtor in the pocket of the rubber hose, and pull back firmly. When sling is as far back as possible... let go of pocket (and Realtor), and he will officially be "released".

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu May 3, 2012
In most cases, it's the broker not the realtor that possesses and controls listings, and has final say over who walks and who doesn't....

Molly Peters…, Agent, Hamilton, MT
Thu May 3, 2012
I agree with Alan May You've got to love it. If I had a client that didn't want to work with me I sure as heck wouldn't hold him/her to a contract (back to the good ol days. (I'd work with you any day Alan:)!
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Thu Dec 30, 2010
Jane,

Your signature states that you are a buyer. Do you have a signed contract with you agent? If so, you need to read it and it will outline the terms of your contract. If you need further assistance, you should contact an attorney.
Web Reference:  http://www.lindacefalu.com
Fred Griffin, , Tallahassee, FL
Thu Dec 30, 2010
Per the National Association of Realtors Code of Ethics, I as a Broker cannot come between a party and any Broker that they may have a Legally Binding Contract with.

Having said that, If you are under a legally binding contract (Listing "Agreement"), then see an Attorney for advice on breaking the contract.
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Dec 30, 2010
do you have a contract with this REALTOR? If so, go by those terms. If it is just an agent who has been working with you as a buyer, a phone call or e-mail explaining your decision would be considerate.
Marty Remo, Agent, Central Valley, NY
Thu Dec 30, 2010
If you wish to be released, contact the broker owner or manager. The contract is between you and the agency.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Dec 30, 2010
If you wish to release your agent, contact the broker owner, and or, office manger of the realty office and express all your concerns--generally it's the broker owner, and or office manager, that decide any contract termination, not necessarily the agent--or you can ask to be assigned another agent from within for the duration of your contract.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Thu Dec 30, 2010
Hi Jane,

Where are you in the contract? How long is your property listed? Have you discussed breaking the contract?
Are you working with an agent to buy a home? Give us a few more details so we can give some details back.

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Driect: 732-213-1409