how do I evaluate a termite report? What should I look for in the report that would tell me that the termite?

Asked by Steve, Fremont, CA Tue Mar 25, 2008

problem is serious and that I should avoid buying the house?

Answers

1
Melinda J. R…, Agent, Grand Rapids, MI
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Steve, to buy or not to buy is your choice. Do you already have your termite report? Or are you just being proactive? The termite reports that I have seen are quite detailed with clarity. They will say if there is no sign of damage, no sign of damage now, but previous damage and where it is located.

I would suggest that you get something called a Guarenteed Termite Inspection. Therefore, if there are termites they will come back and take care of the problem for you. It is usually much more reasonable then if you get a non-guarenteed termite, then if you have a problem it could be several hundred dollars more to take care of the problem.

If there is termite damage you can re-negotiate if your contract allows you to of course. You will have to check with your buyers agent on that one.

I hope this information helps! Best Wishes!
Web Reference:  http://www.gomelinda.com/