how do I contact BOA if realtor with short sale listing doesn't respond?

Asked by Aesajs, Barnstable County, MA Thu Mar 3, 2011

Answers

11
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Mar 5, 2011
Listing agent might all ready have a buyer just non responsive . Contact their broker determine if you can receive a response OR your buyers agent should be handling this for you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Short Sale M…, Other Pro, MA,
Sat Mar 5, 2011
Hi Aesajs,

Unfortunately unless you have an authorization for release, you cannot contact BOA directly about the short sale. Do you have a signed purchase contract on this property? If you're getting no where with the listing agent, call the broker of the office and explain the situation.

Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Fri Mar 4, 2011
Why agents don't call people ( including other agents ) back is beyond me. They are either too busy or the home is under agreement. It could be that the shortsale is now forclosed on. Call the office number and ask the front desk what the status of the property is.If it is not for sale they need to take it off the site it is on. If you want to view it and place an offer get an agent.
I always send an email to people or call back out of courtesy. If it is out of my area or too busy I will refer it to someone else.
Sarah Goulart…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Thu Mar 3, 2011
There is normally a reason they are not responding to you - but I do think a quick phone call back should always be made by selling agents of short sales (or any listing for that matter). Do you have a buyers agent who has tried to call both the office and the listing agent? That would be the first step.

Unfortunately, the bank is not going to answer any questions you may have about the property. To gain access to be able to talk to the bank about a property, the owner has to sign documents stating the individuals who are able to talk to them.

Please let me know if I can be of further help - I am a realtor in Barnstable County.

Sarah Nathe

sarah.nathe@nemoves.com
Melissa Bark…, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Mar 3, 2011
You cannot contact BOA, as they will be unable to tell you anything about the case. You should have your buyers agent contact the listing agent, if they don't respond, have your agent contact their broker. you have to remember with a short sale, it takes time, it is a slow process.

Web Reference:  http://www.wdcmetroagent.com
Michael Emery, , Minneapolis, MN
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Even if you could get through loss mitigator, they won't be able to discuss provide you with any information relating to their client as confidentiality rules prevent such interaction without permission from the mortgage holder
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Mar 3, 2011
There is normally a reason why the agent doesn't respond......but their general disregard for others is unacceptable.

Our recommendation is to have your agent make contact with the listing agent or their broker for the information you require.

Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Mar 3, 2011
You don't contact BOA. Nor do you contact the broker. You have your agent contact the agent's broker.
Lori Flick, Agent, Bridgeport, CT
Thu Mar 3, 2011
unless you know who the loss mitiator is, the account number and other private information, don't bother trying. The negotiator might not even be with BOA.
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Call the Broker for that agent and tell them if you are ignored that you will file a complaint with the board of Realtors for that area as well as report this action to the department which controls the state licensing for Real Estate Agents. Accept no ones incompetence, if they can't help you say so, if they have become unable to perform their duties then they should have another perform them for them.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Call the Realtor's office and ask to speak to his/her managing broker. (the office phone # should be on the sign).
Web Reference:  http://www.sallygrenier.com