how come the listing on trulia does not match the mls. Like i saw a foreclosed house for 20k.but when i ask a realtor they will say its not on mls.

Asked by Alembong, Rodeo, CA Thu Oct 22, 2009

Answers

5
Lisa Jonsson, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Tue May 8, 2012
Many of the homes listed on Trulia are still in the foreclosure process and are still occupied by the owners. They are not yet for sale, but will show up as listings, with the data being pulled from Realty Trac. If you would like a list of properties currently on the market, please let me know and I can email them to you.
Dave Sutton, Agent, Portland, OR
Thu Oct 22, 2009
It is almost certainly a Realty Trac listing, the purpose of which is to get you to subscribe to their service ($49.50) to get information any Realtor can get you for free. My fellow Windermere agent Carl Medford has a thorough explanation at
http://www.trulia.com/blog/carl_medford/2008/12/when_is_the_…
CCC, Home Owner, San Diego, CA
Thu Oct 22, 2009
Hi, must probably you are looking at a Realtry Trac "listing" advertising. Is it?
Jesse Sierra, Agent, Pomona, CA
Thu Oct 22, 2009
Hi Alembong,
It's possibly a foreclosure and the reflected price is the amount that the trustor (distressed homeowner) is behind on the mortgage.

It happens.

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Realtor®
Chino Hills, Ca
Conrad Hodgs…, Agent, Brentwood, TN
Thu Oct 22, 2009
Dear Alembong,

Good question....this is certainly not the first time this has happened and I am sure it is far from the last. The MLS has strict guidlines about being accurate. Trulia unfortunately does not have the same guidlines in place.