how can i rent to own a home with $5000.00 down?

Asked by darriss lunsford, Sat Nov 17, 2012

Answers

7
Craig Fox’s answer
Craig Fox, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Rent to own is setup to be largely in favor of the owner. Unless you find a home you are absolutely in love with and don't want to risk losing, but simply cannot purchase it at this time, I'd strongly recommend that you simply rent.
TLC Realty G…, Agent, Cary, NC
Sat Jan 5, 2013
I would suggest getting an FHA loan. That way you can purchase the home outright and still get a great interest rate. Also, you may look into a HUD home. Some HUD homes only require $100 down.

Tammi
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Dec 6, 2012
Good afternoon, Earthruler:
There are a number of fraudulent rent to own schemes currently happening. Be careful! I'd find a good real estate attorney to advise you in every aspect of the rent to own transaction and draft your agreement. Also you should get a pre-approval, pay for a home/termite/radon inspection and survey and get a title search and an appraisal just like you would if you were buying a home. Usually it is better to wait until you can qualify for a home than to do a rent to own. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Sun Nov 18, 2012
FHA loans need only a 3 1/2% down payment. Also try USDA loans as well if they apply to your area.
Trent Meunier, Agent, Apex, NC
Sun Nov 18, 2012
I have a home that is available to rent to own. Rent is $2,150 per month. Giant home in Cary/Morrisville area. Email or call me and I will send you details. They need one month security deposit down and they will let some go towards the cost of the home each month.

trent@vanderbiltrealty.com
Mike Jaquish, Agent, Cary, NC
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Start by finding a real estate attorney who will draft a RTO contract for you, an attorney who can tell you that his clients succeeded in purchasing a home via RTO. That is very difficult, as most good local attorneys think RTO is a scam.

RTO, Lease/Purchase, etc, very seldom end up in legitimate homeownership by the tenant/buyer. Be careful with your money.
.
.
Tina Lam, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sat Nov 17, 2012
Sure, that's definitely possible. You just need to find a property owner willing to accept your offer.
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com