how can i find out short sales in nyc?

Asked by Danielkaplan, Upper West Side, New York, NY Wed Apr 11, 2012

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Since they are listed with brokers, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that not all short sales are such great bargains, therefore don't overlook some traditional sales, as some may end up being a much better buy. Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Contact a local realtor. They can search the multiple listing service for you and identify the short sale properties.
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Thu May 3, 2012
Hello Daniel,

Real estate is local - while you can get a list of short sales properties from any realtor, each agent will specialize in certain areas of NYC, so you may want to find an area of your focus...either where you'd like to buy to live, or to invest. Most realtors will also have a website where you could get access to live data in MLS, possibly with the "short sale" field...

Irina Karan
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@google.com
Travis Old, , New York, NY
Wed May 2, 2012
Hello!

The easiest way to find short sales is to speak with a broker who works closely with different banks. Typically, Brokers who work with bankers regularly will know if something is available for sale as a "short sale". These are hard to come by, but if you associate with a broker and expose your intentions, budget, and identity - that person can keep you in their roladex so when they learn of a deal, they can contact you. :)

Travis R. Old
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
CitySites Real Estate Group

3 W 57th Street
5th floor
New York, NY 10019

Text/Cell: (347) 601 - 9600
Direct: (212) 228 - 3882
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/travisrayold

Find me on Facebook to stay up to date on no-fee rentals and newly available luxury real estate or distinctive investment property.

Referral Bonus: Rent or Sell an apartment/home/building through me, then refer two friends and your next purchase or rental is commission free!
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Contact a local agent for your area. The agent has the ability to search for exactly what you are looking for and assist you with a purchase.
Vera Aricha…, , New York, NY
Thu Apr 12, 2012
I can help you with a short sales in NYC. Give me a call.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Manhattan-Spaces
Vera Aricha
917-378-9673
John Peitler, Agent, NY,
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Please contact me for assistance. My name is David and I can be reached at 212-714-1027. Thank you and good luck.
Thomas Ripel…, , New York, NY
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Hi Daniel,

There are not a lot of short sales activity in NYC. This isn't Florida. When there are short sales available they tend to be closely guarded. In addition, the term "short sale" can mean many different things. A lot of brokers who identify their listings as "short sales" simply mean they think they are selling their property below market. They don't know what they are talking about. The short sale has to sell at a significant discount to market price. The process can be long and frustrating, resulting in a dead end. The price has to justify the effort.

Is your interest in Manhattan only? Is the short sale opportunity you are looking for an absentee investment?

We have helped many investors here and abroad identify short sale investments in the five boroughs. Give me a call if you would like to discuss this further 212 696-1900.