how can i buy a house?

Asked by Wes, High Point, NC Fri Sep 17, 2010

Answers

8
, ,
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Good afternoon Wes,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
india29536, Both Buyer And Seller, High Point, NC
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hi, I am India. If you are a cash buyer, you can give me your criteria of the home you desire and I will find a great deal for you at no cost to you.

Email: India29536@yahoo.com
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sun Sep 19, 2010
The first step that anyone interested in buying property must take is to determine how you will pay for the property and how much you can comfortably afford for a monthly payment once you own it.

Assuming you are not planning on paying cash for a home then you will need to sit down with a mortgage lender and get pre-qualified. When you speak with a lender they will check on your credit score, ask you questions about your income and assets (how much cash you have available at present) and on your debts (car loans, credit card balances, student loans etc) Based on this information they will advise you as to whether you can get a mortgage, if you can what type and the terms, how much you could afford and what the approximate monthly payments would be. Not a lenders are equal, and there are those who might try to take advantage of you, I would suggest looking for referrals from people you know or you could speak with a local Realtor and ask them to suggest a couple of Lenders they know are good, or send me an email or give me a call and I’ll give you a few names and numbers.

The next step is to find a good local Realtor who works in your area and has experience behind them. Again speak to people you know for references, or again you could give me a call. I don’t work in your area, but know a few agents I could refer you to who do.

I wish you the best of luck.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Are you paying cash or with a mortgage......If you need a mortgage and haven't already visited with any qualified loan officer(s) consider doing so--see if you do qualify and how much--your loan officer will best advise you based on your overall financials--then go from there.
Crystal, , Greensboro, NC
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Are u a first time homebuyer or first time investor?
You want to do your research. Depends on your timeframe.
By asking a question like that consult with a qualified professional
that specialize in Buyer's Agency.

crystaldavisrealty@gmail.com
Crystal Davis
Open Door Realty
Tonya Byrd, Agent, Peachtree City, TN
Fri Sep 17, 2010
1. Go to a lender and get pre-approved first.
2. Go find a good real estate agent who will help you through the home buying process. Find one who is willing to educate you and help you through every step of the way.
Web Reference:  http://www.tonyabyrd.com
Jason Ewing, Agent, High Point, NC
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Wes,
Can you be more specific? Getting pre-approved for a loan is the most important first step. Once you have done that you will have a better idea of how much home you can afford. Feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia if I can be of any assistance to you.

Jason Ewing, GRI/CNS
Coldwell Banker Triad, Realtors
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Find one that's for sale, and bring money.