how can i avoid offering for a house more than is actual value. Example I offer an X amount the appraisal was Y (less) they seller refuse to take the

Asked by Claudia, Osceola, NY Thu Nov 26, 2009

appreisal price. I lost the money I paid for the appreisal. How can I avoid this to happend again?

Answers

2
John Bennett’s answer
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Nov 27, 2009
Apart of buying a home includes some risk that things just might not work out the way you wanted.

Having a Realtor help you as Mark suggest is a great first step, for if he/she is good they should be able to get pretty close to appraised value. Sometimes, the appraisal might be off - they are human as well.

There is little way one could write an enforceable contact to compel a seller to accept appraisal price.

I am a Orlando Realtor that does about 20 CMA per week for the banks, with an Economic degree to help me do this.

If I can help, please let me know at

352-978-4539
Mark VanBusk…, , Lehighton, PA
Fri Nov 27, 2009
The best way is to have your agent do a comparasion of the homes that are similar that have sold in that area the past year. This is called a CMA or comparative market anaylsis which an agent will usually do free if they are representing you. You can then make an educated offer!
Web Reference:  http://www.markahome4u.com