how can a person on social security disability apply for a home?

Asked by Vivian200014, 27540 Fri Jan 21, 2011

how to qualify for a first time home and on social security disability.

Answers

175
Nathan Wolf, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu Apr 14, 2011
YES!

Social Security Disability payments are guaranteed income! Banks love this type of payments. It is easily verified and guaranteed. Contact Tony Ruff at his website: http://www.tonyruff.com -- he helped a client of mine.

My client a year ago was disabled. We looked at only single story homes and condos-- where the lawn maintenance was included. But then we found an awesome townhome with a master bedroom on the main level, and a one car garage and patio. She now has two more bedrooms upstairs for guests, but doesn't have to go upstairs otherwise. She was able to get a great loan, applied for a tax break, an lives only a few miles from her sister, with easy access to the bus line and close to her doctors.

And the best part is this: She's paying less than she was paying in rent!
____________________________________

If you liked this post, GIVE ME A THUMBS UP!
____________________________________
Nate Wolf was recently named a FIVE STAR REALTOR by Charlotte Magazine. He is a top producing real estate sales broker, representing both buyers and sellers. He is a member of the National Association of Realtors, The Charlotte Regional Realtors Association and the Carolina Multiple Listing Services. He is licensed in multiple states and serves all areas of Metro Charlotte from Lake Norman to Lake Wylie and Uptown / Center City to SouthPark and Ballantyne.

http://www.natewolf.com
charlotte mls realtor home listings
http://www.CLThome.com
Web Reference:  http://www.natewolf.com
PLEASE CONTACT ME , JODY 401.309.7650 THANK YOU
Flag Thu Nov 2, 2017
So I got a question for you. I'm on social security and have an income of $736.00 a month and have a bad credit score like bad which 90% are medical bills that I will never pay back but I want to buy a house in Tennesse.
Is it a dead dream to buying a house?
I'm currently living with my son and daughter-in-law but they have bad scores like me.
My son works his butt off and makes decent money and my daughter-in-law doesn't work.
So 2 incomes under $2,000 a month with bad scores.
Should I continue to just dream or is there a program out there that can help me get a loan or something with this information I just gave you.
My e-mail is magalinamasso143@gmail.com cuz most likely I won't be back on this site.
Thx You for any help or reffering me in the right direction.
Have a koolaz day.

Magalina Masso aka Maggzz
Flag Sat Oct 21, 2017
Is it a dead dream to buying a house?
Have a koolaz day.

Magalina Masso aka Maggzz
Flag Sat Oct 21, 2017
That a beautiful thing to do for man on disability. Now, I believe in miracles from Our God, whom lives in us. Thank you. Ms. Wilson.
Flag Wed Oct 18, 2017
I've been disabled since 2014 due to a car wreck parylized from the waist down I'm 24 living place to place and really need help I only get 297 on the first and 215 on the 3 rd and my medical bills are holding me back but i would greatly appreciate your help
Flag Sun Oct 15, 2017
Hi but I'm in California
Flag Wed Oct 11, 2017
Im sorry my daughter has the disability my 13 yr old...
Flag Tue Oct 10, 2017
I have a 13 yr old, an 8 yr old & a 5 yr old... its really hard, is there anyway we can apply for a home even if credit isnt too good?
Flag Tue Oct 10, 2017
I would very much need the help am also on social security and very sick need surgery and so is my mom in order for her to get her pca she need her on address and we are looking for a duplexes we both living in federal housing apartment building we need a housing where when can have a first floor due to our help problems we also have doctors letter we live in Boston mass can someone help us please
Flag Thu Sep 21, 2017
Can you help me? I was on 2 yrs waiting list for section 8 but denied bc i own my condo & am disabled and have no washer and dryer hookups and it's on a second floor and now unable to do the stairs where my mail, car is & have a small dog, live alone & good credit but barley make it paying $168.00 @ mo HOA fees. I can't afford a mortgage and HOA fees unless HOA fees are a lot cheaper. I am a 56 yr old female. I would rather own my condo bc unable to do yard bc have a in home nurse 3 days a week
Flag Tue Sep 19, 2017
Hi my name is Kayla i have ssi i need a place 2 bed room am pregnant am with my baby father and im staying with friends can someone help me find a 2 bedd room before april nevr lived on my oun but now i have to becuse am pregnant now
Flag Wed Sep 6, 2017
She's not getting any home loan on social security income alone, she certainly wouldn't qualify under any current banking guidelines. I believe your misleading readers in order to obtain clients. Shame on you!
Flag Sat Aug 19, 2017
How do I get someone to help my mom
Flag Wed Aug 16, 2017
I too need help. I am disabled. Full time college student. Been renting the same pad like 5+ years now they are trying to tell me to leave so because they want to sell the house. I am on a fixed income my disability prevents me from renting a room because I don't feel safe , I need my own place. If anyone can help I pay my rent on time every month. My email is porfidiamooncaputto@yahoo.com or text 6263403503 I am very upset the lowest place I find are 800 ad I only receive like 871 I don't want to be homeless and drop out of school because of this. SOS
Flag Sun Aug 13, 2017
That's awesome
Flag Sun Aug 6, 2017
I need help
Flag Fri Jul 28, 2017
I need the same first floor disabled female with small dog. I have less then 2 months to move bc was stuck on a second floor with no washer and dryer hookups! Please help!! Credit is good Thank you Tracey Martin
Flag Wed Jul 5, 2017
Can u give his number my web is not working
Flag Sat Jun 24, 2017
How do we find realtors who do this? And does this still apply if your credit is not good?
Flag Sat Jun 24, 2017
Iam.real.lets help.me
Flag Mon May 22, 2017
I am on Social Security disability income and need a place to call my home ( Apartment, condo., duplex, small home) . To rent may be cheeper I think? My credit is very low someone stole my identity and hurt my credit. Plus i have medical surgeries on credit. I need 3 surgeries now and live i severe pain. I care for my son , he had a truck accident 3 years ago we live with my sister for temporarily he has applied for disability .. . I NEED HELP TO GET A PLACE TO LIVE BUT I HAVE NOT ENOUGH SS. DISABILITY OR CREDIT SCORE . HOW CAN I LIVE ?
Flag Mon May 15, 2017
I only receive $988 a month from disability and need to get me a home. I am good with my bills and rent.
Flag Thu May 11, 2017
I'm on SSI I get only 735.00 monthly I was paying 300.00 rent my landlord raised rent to 500.00 month I stuggle keeping bills paid I have bad credit I want to buy a 3 bdr home help please
Flag Mon May 1, 2017
I receive less than 800 a month.Is there a program for me to buy a home
Flag Sat Apr 22, 2017
My baby momma and I are both on disability her SSI AND me VA COMPENSATION WE ARE NOT MARRIED can you or your staff help use find a home in pitt county
Flag Tue Apr 4, 2017
I'm looking to rent a home somewhere in Illinois I recieveing SSA and no one will rent to me they say I have to make 2-3 times what I make
Flag Mon Mar 20, 2017
I am a single lady .I am on SSI Disability . I don't know what to do . I lost my home in a divorce . Which was extremely unfair in 2003 . I've been mentally and physically abused by this happening . I have 2 grown children and 4 grandkids . I've moved in and out of family friends and Church Members . It never works . I stayed in subsidized apts . I was the White lady on the corner . I even stayed in homeless shelters . I've prayed to God to help me get my own home ,It's so hard on me , I cry everyday .i don't know what to do . ? Who to turn to . I'm staying with my son and soon to be wife . He loves to down grade me . And has given time limits . Where would I go ? . I need help . My income of 733.00 isn't enough to do anything alone . If there is anyone with some advice I need it . Please call me . Pamela Derrick ...803 580 9154 . I figure I want be there long . I was told by Nuerologist I had been having mini strokes . I'm stressed Depressed you name it , My home is in a storage build
Flag Mon Sep 19, 2016
I am on ssi and ssd also my credit score is about 593. I reall am looking into getting a house.. will I have a problem
Flag Tue Jun 21, 2016
These are all fluffy replies and affirmations. I am sure you are choosing wisely and have established a well run organization. I just do not seem so confidents. I would have sent my resume if you had an area. Thanks.
Robert Marsessa
Flag Fri Apr 15, 2016
SS payment are not "guaranteed". They could end any month. Just like a job. And what lender will give you a mortgage on $600 a month and no down payment? Remember, anything over $2,000 and your benefits are stopped. Same if you receive a "gift" downpayment from a friend or relative. You need to make 3 times your rent just to get an apartment. Where are there $200 a month apartments for a family of 5? 99% or apartments will not rent to you, let alone getting a mortgage.
Flag Tue Dec 30, 2014
I am on ssi in ga and am moving to santa cruz, ca. Can I Qualify for a home loan ? I collect 710 monthly from ga. Can you give me some guidance?
Flag Tue Sep 10, 2013
I just applied for a USDA loan and the lender said my wifes social security disbaility could not be counted. My wife has a permanent disabily and been receiving payment for nearly 3 years. Is this discrimination?
Flag Thu Jan 17, 2013
stephen Steve, Other Pro, Jefferson, IA
Sun Jul 19, 2015
I recommend that you take things one step at a time .
First-get your credit score.
Second-do a little research as a person on social security disability is not disqualified from any loan programs that I am aware of. In fact a lender is required by federal law to not discriminate on the basis of a disability. If the disability will continue for a number of years then the lender knows you will be getting a paycheck. A person in the workforce has no such guarantee of a paycheck.
Third - if your income is below a certain level then you may find it easier than anyone else to get a mortgage. This is because the government is supposed to help those in need.
Forth- a huge resource that many people are unaware of is USDA Rural Housing.
That agency may provide both the downpayment and can. if your income is below the local poverty levels
provide the funding in house without ever needing to apply at a bank.
They also may reduce the interest on any mortgage to as low as 1% and stretch the payments out for as many as 38 years.
Once you do get approved which may be quite simple and fast, even if you hit the lottery the very next day you will not be bounced out of the program and your payment will never rise.
The bankers will not tell you about the loan program because they can't make as much profit from you.
I hope this helps....
My name is felecia Gray. Lexington law firm is helping me repair my credit report and credit score. I have a member sence 2017 I am interested in your nd Lexington law firm's rent to own houses program and services available to me. I have a disability and I receive social security and SSDI benefits once a month. My first check is for $414.00 my SSDI I receive on the 3rd of each month is for $340.00 $414.00 I receive on the 1st of each month. I need low income houses for people whit disibilitys rent to own houses is a dream come true for me 2017 to 2018. What steps do I need to take for help to receive services and programs that are available to me and get inrole in services and programs offered to me. My email address is feleciagray61@gmail.com my cell number is 314 3931956 to speak to me. Thanks tooling to.hear from you. Also you may text me too for more questions at 314 393-1056.
Flag Wed Nov 15, 2017
I am sorry, but when you say "paycheck", are you simply referring to the disability, or if you work a job on top of it? I was working limited hours and earning the limited amount of pay, before having to resign recently. I have a house/mortgage which I will be forced to give up soon because I of course cannot handle mortgage after retiring. Is there way around this?
Flag Thu Oct 26, 2017
great advice
Flag Tue Sep 12, 2017
sorry I was notified that SS,retirement,disability, and others are not considered income at all income is a paycheck earned from employment that's income that's accepted, people must make at least 150,000 a year or more to qualify for a house, and since I was notified by emails about this, they said no they cannot accept anyone on low income they can only go live in HUD or housing projects or housing authority and pay tiny rent a month they are renting for lifetime they will never be able to own a house never no cars nothing, their income is considered insufficient, if they want home they must put down $50,000 down payment at least that or no more then $30,000 towards it, nobody isn't gonna get anything the lenders I have seen them laughing at people with this income saying you ain't getting a house with that income you ain't go no money and no down payment you don't qualify for loans either, they only accept people who are employed and work making a lot of money. like ceo, others
Flag Sun Sep 3, 2017
do they have this program in california also?
Flag Wed Aug 9, 2017
I'm in tx and homeless i would like to buy a home. Is there a program for me. I get about 800 a month
Flag Sat Apr 22, 2017
I'm on Ssi and ssd and I need help, cuz I'm in a apartment now that my lease is up and I need a home asap, I need some guidenese
Flag Sun Apr 16, 2017
But SS is not guranteed...
Flag Sun Aug 21, 2016
Great post! I only wish i could get help to obtain this loan with out games,
Flag Tue Dec 22, 2015
Thank you Steve, because I moved to Jacksonville and renting the type of Apartment I want is like paying a mortgage, so I have been looking into getting a house, or townhouse, but was afraid that because I am on widows Benefits I could not, and planning to switch to my benefits, thank you so much
Flag Tue Sep 29, 2015
thank you so much for your advice an tip
Flag Sat Aug 15, 2015
Lea Shaw, , Austin, TX
Fri Jan 21, 2011
To qualify for a home loan, certain rules will apply regarding your social security disability income. If the social security disability income is long-term, with no indication that the benefit will be terminated, the income can be used for qualification. If the disability is short-term (less than 3 years) then generally the income cannot be used to qualify for a home loan.
If you have children that you also receive social security disability income because you or your spouse are disabled, that income can be used as long as you can provide evidence that the disability income will be received for the first 3 years of the loan.
Because social secuirty disability income is non-taxable, the lender will gross up the amount by 25%. For example, if the income is $1,000 per month, then the income used to qualify is $1,250.00 per month.
Finally, most states have programs for disabled persons that would allow you to purchase a home within the respective agencies guidelines. You should check with your city, local realtors and lenders to find out what programs might be availible in your area.
yes exactly right you must make at least more then $1.250 a month SS and disability and retirement does not qualify it is not income, its too low to be income people must make at least more then $1.250 a month which means they have to earn money on paycheck from WORK that's an income yes, the amount to make is at about $8,000 a month, not really $1,250 only thing people on retirement and SSI and SSA and SSDI and disability qualify is low income housing that's housing authority or HUD, or sec 8 to rent that's all they can get, nothing more, they are stuck retirement same thing with housing is to rent that's all they can allowed to get is about $100 or so a month for one bedroom housing authority sory that's the way the lenders will tell you or anyone they laugh at people with low income thinking they can get a loan for house, they will say hey bud you aint got nothing but at least $800 or $900 a month on your retirement sorry buddy not enough go get job and make some decent money
Flag Sun Sep 3, 2017
I don't understand this gross up amount. If disabilities giving you 1000 a month how can they say you're getting 1250 a month when you're not getting it makes no sense to me
Flag Tue Jun 13, 2017
hello lea i am wanting to buy a home near my family in Ada Oklahoma i am on disability for life just wondering is thar any chance i can own a house in oklahoma if so let me know
Flag Wed May 3, 2017
Very solid advice Lea! I am looking myself and have read many answers, and this is the most common sense type answer. The two valid points for me are long term disability which I have been on for over 10 years, and programs available in my area! Brilliant. I have begun to research this in Palm Beach County Florida where I just move to. I need a 50,000 dollar mortgage to buy an efficiency condo. Thank you!
Flag Thu Mar 9, 2017
i need a loan for a mobile home but i got turned down i need help
Flag Sat Aug 13, 2016
My dad is on Social security and bought a house no problem. he was also able to buy a car and a motor cycle. There is help out there. Finding it is the hard part!
Flag Fri Jan 22, 2016
what if you have bad credit and receiving disability
Flag Mon Sep 28, 2015
Thank you, for giving me something to look into. I'm 40 and disabled so I'll be collecting disability for the rest of my life. And would love to move into a house in Port Orchard or Bremerton, Washington. You've given me something to look into.
Flag Sun Aug 17, 2014
I am not in Holly Springs NC, I am in californis
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
I have been on SSI since I was 22 & it is permanent , & I need to know who to get a loan to by a mobil home at the beach the snow & cold is killing me & I just need help or knowledsge to know how to go about it
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Fri Jan 21, 2011
If you are applying for social security disability or have been approved for SSD and currently receive benefits, the issue of home ownership is a non-issue.

In fact, the issue of assets at all is a complete non-issue. SSD is considered a federal insurance entitlement. In other words, you pay into the system over several year via work activity (and this is the case whether you have your fica contributions deducted from a paycheck or you are self-employed and have to "settle up" with the IRS annually or quarterly) and if you own one home or twenty homes it makes no difference.

SSI disability, however, is different. SSI is need-based and SSI disability benefits are available to adults and children who are not insured and, thus, not covered for social security disability insurance benefits. For SSI, assets are absolutely a consideration and, in fact, the cap on assets for this program is two thousand dollars. Meaning: you cannot have more than two thousand dollars in countable assets and retain eligiblity for SSI.

Obviously, any home will be worth more than two thousand dollars as an asset. However, countable assets for SSI disability eligibility does not include the residence you live in. So, to answer the question we began, "can you buy a house or home if you receive Social security disability or SSI?", we can state the following----

1. For social security disability, it doesn't matter and assets are not a consideration.

2. For SSI, assets are a consideration in determining a person's eligibility, but will not be an issue as far as one's residence is concerned. Real property will, however, be a consideration for any real property that is owned aside from one's residence. And in such cases, the fair market value of excess real property will be used to count against the two thousand dollar asset limit for SSI disability.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
LOAN SEARCH?

:Derickabrhamson@gmail.com
OR give us a Call:+1 6028140662 to get more info for a LOAN
Flag Tue Nov 7, 2017
Well, that really sucks lol...
Flag Fri Oct 13, 2017
hmmm according to lenders and loan officers they are right now laughing at folks who think they can buy a home I have seen people on income being led out the door, saying sorry folks you don't qualify for house to own or home or car no way you are not a working employees and they only accept employed people earn decent income, they said it makes sense that must make at least over $80,000 a year and they must not be on SSD or SSDI or SSI or SSA or RETIREMENT these are not income at all, they do not accept that as income, employment is income they must speak with the employer by phone to verify and get proof that person works there for that company, and to fax anything on the employee then he or she can get the house on a loan will be approved. all others on SSD SSDI and SSA and SSI and RETIREMENT will be rejected and turned away and led out the door bye bye. all 50 states now are turning away people,must rent from housing authority for those low income checks they get a month that's it
Flag Sun Sep 3, 2017
I've applied too rentals that are $400 a month due to my SSA and did not get the apartment I don't know what to do I have had cervical neck surgery and I have lumps on my spine I'd love to work but then I can't move I need some serious help here can anyone plz help me out it's me and my 15 year old daughter I want out of the city of Chicago too dangerous plz help
Flag Mon Mar 20, 2017
So I can have more than 2000 in bank be on ssd and qualify for a mortgage?
Flag Wed Jun 3, 2015
I live in HAZELWOOD MO! 63043. MY HUSBAND AND I WOULD LOVE TO BUY A HOME AGAIN? WE BOTH OUR ON SOCIAL SECURITIES? IS IT STILL POSSIBLE FOR THERE HOMES? MY NAME IS MICHELLE AND PHONE NO: 314-456-7765. IF there is a Chace we could buy a home could someone contact us. Thank you so much.
Flag Sun Apr 12, 2015
http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/spotlights/spot-loans.htm

this link shows a loan's purchase does not count toward the 2000 cap
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
Angelsinthel…, Home Buyer, Rock Hill, SC
Sun Sep 18, 2011
YES you can own a home with that income!! the gov't has a PHA program, so check it out (link below)

You can also go to flatlistingmls (which leaves out the realtors, so that ppl can sell thier homes for less b/c they aren't paying the 6%+ to realtor -- just make sure to get an inspection!done!) and search there for 'owner financing' or 'rent to own' and do without all the 'qualifying' info listed below. fwiw i'm not a realtor or broker, but i sold my last home using Flat Fee MLS :) RE attys deal with flat listing mls a lot and really all you need to buy/sell a house is a RE atty, not a realtor. realtors are becoming like typewriters,(ie obsolete)

same goes for Craig's List, have several friends who've bought/sold places on there or eBay. just make sure you have an atty draw up the docs!
:Derickabrhamson@gmail.com
OR give us a Call:+1 6028140662 to get more info. ABOUT A LOAN
Flag Tue Nov 7, 2017
Liz Burge, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sun Feb 24, 2013
I've had troubles with my disability payment (got denied from the application but later on got accepted but then they stopped it for no reason) I want to share this website that I found online. It helped me alot so I promised myself I'm gonna share it to everyone. It's free so don't worry.

http://bit.ly/disabilityhelp4americans
I live on disability and am having a hard time finding a place
Flag Wed Nov 15, 2017
:Derickabrhamson@gmail.com
Flag Tue Nov 7, 2017
Travis, , Mobile, AL
Sat Feb 4, 2012
who i talk to about a first time home buyer i am on social security
I'm a disabled person looking for a wheelchair accessible apt, but is horrible to look for apt in nyc, its has been 9 yrs waiting for nycha apt, I'm staying eith my elderly mother sleeping in the same bedroom, falling off my wheelchair every time I need to use the bathrom because is not accessible to wheelchair, i have to dragged myself to the floor because is no elevator in the building, and it's 40 steps to go up and down, i had apply for every apt, and my name goes to a waiting list,, when i received any letter is to said that i don't qualify because ny income is too low which only ssi and its 733 a month, but nobody help me with my situation, i had emailed the mayor's office, congressman, assembly,and i haven't had no luck, i just send an application to break ground, and three days after i received a letter saiding that i don't qualify, I'm living inhumanity way, i think every body should have a respect and dignity life,, please help me my email is Gabe1371@gmail.com
Flag Sat Nov 18, 2017
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Vivian,

Qualifying for a loan to buy a home, car, appliances or any other type of credit is based on your income, obligations and credit score. Social security disability income is income. If it is permanent and verifiable it will be considered for purposes of qualifying you to buy a house. There is much more involved. Speak to an experienced local lender for details.

Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Jan 21, 2011
it counts as income just like any other type. So talk to your lender and get qualified. Good Luck!
e.maurice, Home Buyer, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Aug 28, 2013
Hi my name is maurice and im on ssi and i have 3 Kids and à wife tired of living in apartments And want à house my Kids are get big Plz help
Mitzi Rivers, Home Buyer, Columbus, OH
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Can person buying a house using ssdi benefits able to work part time ?
yes you can work but you cant make over a certain amount. 1000. a month but if you make over about 700 they really start looking at your ssi case to see it you really need there help.
Flag Tue Oct 22, 2013
Edithminor, Renter, Bullock, NC
Wed Aug 7, 2013
I am on disablity, at this time in my life,I live in a trailer, that have holes in the floor, I have placed boards, on holds, and just tried to make the best of it. But it's getting worse, I've needed to move for yrs. But I can live here for as low as$100.00 per month, My dad has some land, and b/4 I had a trailer there, my own, but a tree fail on it, no insurance so I had to take what I could get. It's just me, now, all of my children are gone growen, I don't want to be a burden to them, Not when I'm perfectly able to take care of myself, Yes I'm disable, but not dead, My disabilites, are physically,backsurgery,athritis,thinningofthe bones,Also I've been hospitlize for depression twice, At times get extremely depressed, But Dr. tell me that I have to move from invirotment, but when you don't have money that's extremely hard to do. So ifanyone has any advise I thank you, GodBless
Why don't you apply for Subsidized Housing or Housing Vouchers at your Social Service Dept..They pay like 75 to 100% of your rent depending on your income. I'm not sure how long you would have to wait for the help, depending where you live. Your case seem to be an emergency so you should get help right away... I'm a home owner now on SSDI due to a domestic abuse in 2012 that left me a Quadriplegic, unable to get around my home and work to make payments on my house, cars, 3 kids, 2 grand babies, 2 dogs and other bills (etc). Thanks for the man upstairs, GOD Bless Me so that the House Of Ruth and Social Services gave me an emergency voucher. I'm now looking for a house for me and my family and when I ind a place they also will help with utilities, furniture, and food. I know our situation is a little different but they still will help. Check it out, Good Luck and may God Bless You that you will receive the help you need.
Flag Sat Jan 2, 2016
Your situation is special and if I can, I will help with the knowledge I have. If you still wish help, email me at jfkrelics@gmail.com
Flag Sat Dec 7, 2013
jackiericky1…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Thu May 30, 2013
I am on SSI can I apply for a home buying Grant ?
sonnysmash, , Holly Springs, NC
Fri May 10, 2013
i am on ssi and I am looking fore aptment
ryanmh81, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Wed Feb 27, 2013
my name is ryan hirsch and im on ssdi and im looking for an apartment i can afford with just $895 a month in ssdi? if u can help me text me on my cell 951-313-8965 please
hcastaneda31, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Tue Jan 22, 2013
im on ssi and have bad credit and want to own a home do i have a chance to purchase a home
It really depends on what is on your credit report and and how much you make on your SS. What typically happens is the lender will suggest things you can do or recommend you to someone who can help you with your credit issues. I have worked with clients that had bad credit and were able to purchase within a year. It really depends on what your credit looks like. You will never know if you can purchase until you talk with a lender.
Flag Sun Jun 9, 2013
Marge Bennett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Wed Jan 2, 2013
congratulations on wanting to be a homeowner! Call a lender and get started.
lakeportbob, Home Owner, 95453
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Is it fair for the taxpayers to pay for a home on ssi ? A person that is a registered Sex offender ?
enough with the tax payers bull, ask the government where your taxes are going.
Flag Mon Mar 25, 2013
April Grossm…, , Chapel Hill, NC
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Your total monthly income would have to cover your living expenses and the amount of your mortgage. You may want to look into alternative methods of home ownership, like community land trusts or Habitat for Humanity. Talk to a good mortgage broker or your bank to get some guidance in your local area. Many cities, such as Durham, NC, have homebuyer programs with very little money down. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.shelertoday.com
Prosper Real…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sat Nov 18, 2017
I'd recommend contacting Home Loans For All. We've been sending clients to them for a couple of years now. They can most likely help with your situation.

Best of luck!
Robleedelive…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Fri Nov 3, 2017
I get supplemental disability but need to move due to marital issue
Allentiffany…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Thu Nov 2, 2017
I only make 735 a month can i get a place im worried about living on the streets im only 20
Jack Williams, Renter, 12208
Thu Nov 2, 2017
Hi Mr. Wolf,

I am 57 on Social Security Disability.
I live with my son and granddaughter.
My son currently has Sec.8.
How can we find someone to assist us in purchasing a 3-4 bedroom single home.

We currently live in Albany, New York.
Jcavender75, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Oct 30, 2017
My 65 year old mother just got a loan on a 2017 mirage and she only makes 300 a month and the payment is a 310,00. so I need to find a used rv someone is really willing to to work with me I make 940.00 a month and would like to find a rent to own type thing in colorado or california. I have seen some in the papaers so they are out there. If you here of something email me at jcavender75@gmail.com. Do listen to the credit speech thats just telling you to go away i been there tried that were disabled like one man said are money is not real income to a bank. Thats really sad Im in florida and dont have the money to keep running from the hurricanes. Someone please help me find a payment of no more than 350 to 400 a month. Thank you
Tarzanns29, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Fri Oct 27, 2017
Im looking to rent a room at the Ford Hotel at 1000 E. 7th st, los angeles , Calif, 90021 I receive SSI and im trying to get an Apt by December. I will be homeless i have Disabilities also can someone please help me. Thank you Priscilla D. Heredia phone number is 626-975-3670
Debragaskin96, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Oct 27, 2017
My Husband is disabled we are living with someone right we need our own will social security help us he a place or buy a home
Barbaratowens, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Thu Oct 26, 2017
I live with someone but I will love to live in my on home because it are going to be very cold and I like love in my own
Marianr1908, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Tue Oct 24, 2017
Need a apartment my husbaband fuss cuss and im getting sick of it im a diebate 2 and sick of this mess
Sidneyboatwr…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Oct 23, 2017
I'm on ssi for the rest of my life I need a house to live in I live in west Memphis ark I'm 56 years old I got bad credit I have a light bill been on there for 32 years I'm living with a friend paying her rent $300.50.a month my check I get form ssi is $700.37 dollars a month I been working all.my life I know my ssi check is be more than that something is wrong I know it is i need help.my name is Sidney Jr. Boatwright I live west Memphis ark my address is 514 Weaver drive in west Memphis ark zip code 72301 my cellphone is (870)-551-1007 i need help. In everything
Supernova197…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Sat Oct 21, 2017
I have 3kids and a wife and Iam on disabled and get a check once a month for 700 dollars so how can I buy a house
Biglo71189, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Oct 16, 2017
I am trying to get a 1 or2 bedroom apartment I'm on disability and i am 55 year old how do i apply i need your help please is there a listing that i can choose from or a phone number
Loramoney2017, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Tue Oct 10, 2017
My credit not good at this time. My husband credit is not good also.
Madarislynda…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Wed Oct 4, 2017
I need a 2 bedroom 122 bath in area this got a little land around in the Conyers or Stockbridge area Georgia
Katrinajacks…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Sep 25, 2017
I receive Social Security Disability how can I find a house or apartment while on disability and does not get but $735 per month I need help in signing a house or apartment what shall I do I do not want to be homeless
Mornelas549, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Sep 25, 2017
hello my name is Monica and I'm on disability iv been living in my apartment for 6 years well new owners just bought the apartments and they refuse to renew my lease because I have prior evications so i went to court cause thay serverd me an unlawful detainer i went to court and theey said thay want me to move out now i need to find another place please help me
Cowgirlup4849, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Sep 25, 2017
If I only make 754.00 can I still buy a house
Mon Sep 25, 2017
If I only make 754.00 a month can I still buy a house
Wendellfay.g…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Sep 18, 2017
By own a home or renting a home
Joeym8039, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Tue Sep 12, 2017
My name is Joey Morales I'm from Texas I came out here with my fiance and it's not working out! I'm on Disability fixed income around $800 month need a place! Have nowhere to go please help me! Stay right now in North Highlands with her at super8 aka crazy 8 hotel !! Need hotel California lol but will settle for a 1 or 2 bed room thanks sincerely Joey Morales
Bryantantonn…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Tue Sep 12, 2017
I have 2 boys who are on disability and I'm looking for an apartment or house where I don't have to pay a lot of money because they don't receive that much in SSI so if there's anyone who can respond to my question that would be awesome! Thank you.
Jeanett Shel…, Renter, New York, NY
Thu Sep 7, 2017
I am on disability and i am looking for a house
Rluca9555, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Sep 6, 2017
Please can you help me I'm in Social Security disability my mom is our social security how can we get a home townhome or condo is there a way on tax breaks to help pay for this I don't know what to do I'm scared please help
Patti, Renter, Hendersonville, NC
Wed Sep 6, 2017
Have no debt and a very large down payment. (inheritance, lottery winnings, great investment etc.) HAVE NO DEBT. Then have savings for that large down payment however you can come by it, legally.
Patti, Renter, Hendersonville, NC
Wed Sep 6, 2017
Klmachicote, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Wed Sep 6, 2017
Need help i have ssi i living with friends but am now pregnant and the baby father with me can someone help me find a plce 2 bedroom appment or house
Worldwidefun…, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Wed Sep 6, 2017
Ever wondered how to get a loan with bad credit score? Contact worldwidefunding2017@gmail.com and get it now.
Rosieguzman5…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Sep 5, 2017
I get 735.00 a month with social security what approve me help me
Fayec865, Home Buyer, Fort Walton Beach, FL
Tue Sep 5, 2017
My son gets disability and there is a little condo going into forclosure really cheap. How can he quality it would still be cheaper then he is paying now. Faye
Espinozaceci…, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Wed Aug 30, 2017
Because it's permanent income
02dad12, Home Buyer, Holly Springs, NC
Mon Aug 28, 2017
Im disabled looking to become a first time home buyer by my monthly income on S.S.D.I.
1 2 3 4