how can I know if and how much the mello roos cost will be/month on a house in San Diego?

Asked by Sheri, 92108 Tue Oct 1, 2013

Answers

20
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Sheri,

The information is available on line by looking up the address in the county tax collectors system at https://www.sdctreastax.com/ebpp3/%28r15dlf55yrfzdinaynpls15…

The Mello Roos and any other "additional or special" taxes will show as well.

When you are ready to purchase, let us know if you have not already selected an agent.

Best to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA BRE License 0171350
Bradley Neum…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Franklin, TN
Sat Nov 9, 2013
Are you looking to buy or rent? For mortgage help, call or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 415-5626.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Toll Free: (855) 415-5626 ext. 5734
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
Deborah Mend…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Oct 2, 2013
The Mello Roos fee should also appear on the MLS listing under the Fees, Assessments and Terms section - line CFD/Mello Roos.
Royce Kemp, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Most Realtors can find out based on tax records. You also want to know when the Mello Roos will be paid off, some are 20 years, many of the new ones are 40 years. Homeowners always have the option of paying off the bond early, so that's always a possibility, especially with borrowing money being so cheap these days, some buyers have opted to pay off the bond.
Web Reference:  http://www.roycekemp.com
Media Fettin…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hello Shari,

Realtors have access to mello roos info through the MLS & tax records. You appear to be searching in the Mission Valley area. I have lived and worked in MV and am very knowledgeable about the area. Please let me know if you would like a private viewing of any homes on the market there or anywhere else.

Warm Regards,

Media Fettinger
Century 21 Award
MFettinger@century21award.com
Amy Green and…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
I would agree with going to the county tax office site, http://www.sdctreastax.com to check on actual amounts. You will want to look for CFD as that is the symbol for mello-roos. Once you open escrow on a home you should receive a Natural Hazard Disclosure, the mello-roos and any other tax assessments will be listed in the report.
Patti Adams, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Ask your Realtor. We have easy access to that sort of information and can look it up very quickly on any homes you might be interested in.
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Being from the other side of the country.....what's a "Mello Roos" fee? I"ve been in real estate for 18 years and on Trulia for 5...never heard of that....
Mello and Roos were the state senators who created the legislation that created community facilities districts (CFD) and the assessments have come to be called Mello-Roos. It is a necessary funding device to build new tracts and communities and fund the infrastructure and schools that service the communities as California property assessments are capped by our Prop 13 law passed in the late 1970's.
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
James, Many communities requiring new schools and infrastructures such as public parks and roads impose Mello-Roos. While property tax is assessed as a percentage of the value of the home, Mello-Roos is independent, could rise or fall, and is not subject to Proposition 13.
Hope this helps.
Raana Jamshide
http://www.HomesatSanDiego.com
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Sheri...Please let me know which property you are talking about and I will gladly look it up for you!

Cindy Davis, Broker
SD Home Source Realty
Phone: (619) 379-8616
Email: cindydavishomes@gmail.com
Web: http://www.1sandiegohomesales.com
CA DRE #01363537
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Sheri,

It's easy to find out how much Mello Roos will be on any home. In fact, it's' pretty important to know while you're out looking at homes, to be sure they're still in your budget. There's no sense looking at, and falling in love with, homes with high assessments that push properties above your approval amount. You can email me if you want, when you see homes you like, and I'll send you the Mello Roos and tax information.I can even send you a likely payment scenario for a home before you even decide to see it.

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421 Direct
619-884-3452 Cell
c.lascala@cox.net
Lic # 01443391
So very true Cory!
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
Valerie Weng…, Agent,
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Sheri,

A Realtor would be able to provide you with that information by looking at the tax documents for the specific property. Call me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Valerie Wengeler
Realtor BRE LIC# 01934056
(619)309-9342
valerie@alliancegroupre.com
Kristopher A…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
I can answer that question for you, all you need do is let me know the MLS number.
Thank You!
Shane
619-208-0535
Joan Wilson, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
If you are working with an agent, they will send you listings that show the mello roos. Keep in mind that the report will not tell you how long you will have to pay the Mello Roos.

​Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker, Certified REO, HAFA, and Short Sale Specialist)
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
Call or Text: 760-757-3468
joan@joanwilsonrealtor.com

CA BRE License # 01341483
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
The best way to know monthly expenses in terms of taxes and insurance and P&I payment would be to talk to a loan officer. I would be more than willing to help you out.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Linda Rose, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
hi,Sheri...you need to work very closely with a knowledgeable and experienced buyers agent.when you have interest in a property,your agent will find out all the details of that home,including whether there are mello roos and if so,exactly how much.

I have been working exclusively with buyers for over 26 years and I would love to talk with you and assist you in your search...please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience...I look forward to hearing from you....

Linda Rose
Exit Stepping Stone Realty
760 274 3714
lindatrose@aol.com
DRE # 01250853
Shannon Ande…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
If you email the address I will get you the info!
fiel barrow, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
They are referenced on title reports and the city the property is listed in has a contact person for confirmation of taxes and mello roos. Your Realtor should be able to get more info on what the fees cover.
Rashard Scott, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Hi Sheri,

This information is usually included on the MLS along with HOA fees as well. Email me your contact info and I'll get you set up with a free MLS account today. Feel free to contact me and I would be more than happy to sit down with you and explain the entire real estate process for you. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Rashard Scott
RBD Residential
REALTOR®
Phone: 619-565-3604
Fax: 619-342-3332
Email: scottie1421@gmail.com
Website: http://www.militaryhomesinsandiego.com

CA BRE# 01703306

Powered By Big Block Realty
Victoria Cro…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
If the property is listed in the MLS, you can have your agent ask the listing agent or see if the Mello Roos fee is in the listing details. The San Diego County Assessor can also tell you what the taxes are on a property. Mello Roos fees tend to be in the Chula Vista Eastlake area and parts of the North County. We just closed a sale yesterday and helped our client purchase another Eastlake house. They moved from a home with $600 a month Mello Roos fees to another home with only $350 a month Mello Roos fees. The Mello Roos was definitely the motivation for their sale and purchase of another home. In fact, they were able to purchase a bigger home for basically the same payment they were paying in their first home.
Lisa Bohlken, Agent, Coronado, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Just ask. Your Real Estate professional can get that information for you. Can I be of service?