how and where can I find land home deals in Northeastern Craven county that is under 400.00 month

Asked by Rhonda, New Bern, NC Sat Oct 13, 2012

I am trying to find something that is in the country setting ( with some privacy). Been told several times credit is good but since I have low limited income getting something that is less than 400.00 month and no down payment is impossible. 1st time homeowner, and I only get low disability check, never been late on my rent or most any bill. Would love to be able to rent/ own something with some room and a decent place to live. Hate to keep pulling my credit to only drop my score. Have tried USDA ( they only told me on the phone about 32,000 is all I could get and you know it has to be new and with land even a single wide is more than that, Tried FHA thru Vanderbuillt mortgage and at 1st told no down payment would be require and all closing cost would be included, then got told I needed 10 to 15 percent down only because my income is so low my credit score was over 700. There has been like 6 hard pulls and thus being my credit score lower. Anyone have any ideal what to I can do?

Answers

1
Rhonda, Home Buyer, New Bern, NC
Sat Oct 13, 2012
not an answer but continued from previous post.
note about previous statement:
I hate airing out so much personal stuff but have nobody would could help, most of my kin are dead or in worse shape money wise, There is someone who is able to help pay bills but is on disability too and has no credit.
also been to BB&T and have tried to get help with HUD and Sec 8 since 2008 to no avail. I need help finding a decent safe place.
Thank you