home buying/mortgage help

Asked by Stacey Scherer Morrison, Slidell, LA Thu Apr 4, 2013

currently out of state but moving to Orlando within the next few months. We have narrowed the search some..Winter Garden, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, and Hunter's Creek. Do agents usually work in just one particular area...or all of Orando? Also, should I look for a local lender?

Answers

8
Mark LeMenager’s answer
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Other than Hunter's Creek, the places you've mentioned flow into each other and you would really know you've gone from one to the other in the car and noen of these places are actually in Orlando. When people say Orlando they almost always mean the entire metro area. The city of Olrando is actually relatively tiny, less than 15% of the metro population.

Few agents can really work the entire metro area. I work the southern half of the metro area, which would include the areas you mentioned.

I'm sure we'll get plenty of out of state lenders saying it doesn't matter where the lender is, but in my experience it does. Every sale I've done with an out of state lender involved a lot more stress, than that ones I've done with local lenders.

Did you know that you can check out my references and the references of the other agents that answer right here on Trulia? Just click on our pictures to go to our profiles and read what our clients say about us. Pick the person you’d be most comfortable to work with. Of course I hope it’s me, but if not then best of luck to you.
Marta M. Ros…, Agent, Lake Mary, FL
Fri Apr 5, 2013

An agent can work multiple areas but pick and agent that is an expert in the Area you are interested in. I work seminole and volusia county and you can see my reviews in Zillow and Trulia. In regards to Lenders, visit my website http://www.imsellingflorida.com and pick one of the Lenders that I have there. Having a great Lender is very important.

Marta M. Rosario
Real Estate Expert
407-232-4333
Abraham Bidh…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hi There:

Let me first say congratulation for picking these great areas I have closed several transaction is Windermere, Winter Garden and Dr Philips. Actually my last deal was in Windermere. You could work with one agent for all the cities in Central Florida as we all have access to the same data base (Feel free to check my references on my profile). Below is the link to some homes in these areas:

http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/listings/areas/53303…

As for the lender, you are open to use a local lender or any of the major lenders (BOA, Wells Fargo, Chase,..) usually deals close smoother & faster with local lenders. I have a great lender that I would be more than happy to refer to you.

Have a fantastic night & I look forward to hearing from you.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Don Shippey, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
I have been in Orlando 24 years and Hunters Creek the last 12 years. My REMAX office is in Dr Philips, very close to Windermere and Winter Garden. I have experience in all these areas. I would be happy to help you. I am an experienced Broker Associate and was previously a licensed mortgage broker.

It is usually easier to use a local lender. I have several good ones in Orlando that I recommend. I definitely do not recommend an "internet lender" or one from another state. I have had cllients have all kinds of issues using a lender in another state to do a local loan. You can contact the lender here in Orlando before you get here to get started. Most allow you to apply online. Contact me for a few good ones to get you started.

I would be happy to help you.

DON SHIPPEY, REO, CDPE, SFR
BROKER Associate / REALTOR
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Military Housing Specialist

RE/MAX Properties SW
6985 Wallace Rd
Orlando FL 32819
Cell 407-925-2318
E-mail: donrshippey@gmail.com
http://www.OrlandoRealtyOnline.com
Carri Schoel…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hi Snj70458:

I live in Dr. Phillips and service all the areas you have mentioned in your question. But, I have been in Orlando 21 yrs, 19 as a Realtor and will work all of Metro Orlando if a customer was interested in another area. With my knowledge of Dr. Phillips, Windermere/Winter Garden and Hunters Creek (have sold many homes in all these areas) I would be happy to assist you in your new home search. As Carol has suggested, you need to be pre-approved first before you go house hunting. We usually recommend that you deal with a local lender as they are familiar with the local market and can give a pre-approval letter within the same day. I can refer you to two or three so if you would like to compare to get the best loan program and rate for you. Please call or email me and I can assist you further.

Carri Schoeller ABR, e-PRO
Charles Rutenberg Realty
cps@orlandorelocation.com
407-492-8559
Broker Dave, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013

Yes a mortgage lender is the best place to start, contact either Scott Henderson or Maggie Ambruster with the contact information below, they are both very professional.

Scott Henderson Loan Officer
Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
1540 International Parkway Suite #2000
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Direct – 407-312-8679
scott.henderson@carringtonms.com

Maggie Ambruster, Loan Officer NMLS #: 506533
Embrace Home Loans, Inc.
485 N. Keller Road, Suite 550 Maitland, FL 32751
800.333.3004 ext.3421
mambruster@embracehomeloans.com
Direct: 407.719.9638

I have help both buyers and sellers in areas you are focused on and know it well.

Let me know if I can help further,

Dave Lowe, real estate broker
GRI, ePRO, CDPE, REPM (continuing education designations)

I offer my buyers a rebate to help with their closing cost on the purchase of their new home.
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Apr 4, 2013
You may talk to a local real estate agent to fined a home. Also you may talk toa local mortgage banker to obtain mortgage information.
Carol Bauza, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Thanks for turning to Trulia for your real estate questions....

I can only answer for myself but I have covered all of the areas you mentioned and then some.
Your search will depend on the location, size, and amount you can spend. So before you do that you should contact a lender to get a pre-approval.

If you need a lender or just have more questions, please feel free to contact me.

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com