home buying in crystal lakes subdivision avondale , az

Asked by Gary, Phoenix, AZ Mon Apr 13, 2009

what is the likelyhood of homeowners dues rising due to lake maintenance and water costs

Answers

4
Steve Schexn…, , Glendale, AZ
Thu Jul 30, 2009
No one can really predict if they will rise or how much. HOA's in this market are being forced to raise rates as the volume of Foreclosed homes is going up. HOA rates over the years do go up, that's the one thing people don't really like about HOA's is they can raise rates and there isn't a hole lot you can do about it. If your buying a house in the area they will provide you with a financial statement so you can see how they are operating financially.

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.
623-414-3388
Drefs Team, Agent, Goodyear, AZ
Tue Jun 23, 2009
Hi Gary,
The water feature in Crystal Garden s is a water reclamation project. Consequently, the water costs should not rise greatly. However, I do feel the HOA dues will rise due to number of vacant homes in Crystal Gardens and throughout the west valley. Fewer homeowners are left to split the bill. Consequently, the HOA dues will likely rise.
Mary Drefs
Keller Williams Realty Professional Partners
Top Agent 2001,2002,2003 & 2004. Top Team 2005, 2006 & 2007!
Web Reference:  http://www.MaryDrefs.com
Paul Welden, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Hi Gary,

I would say that the chances of the HOA dues increasing is 100%. HOA dues always increase. I've never heard of any HOA dues actually decreasing. Have you? Regardless of the reasons (lake maintenance, water costs, electricity rates, landscaping fees, etc.), HOA dues increase, and usually every year, not just in this community, but in every community that has an HOA. In fact, the one I live in, increases about 5% every year.

-----
PAUL WELDEN
HomeSmart
480-241-0081
Buyer's Agent Realtor
Donald Keys, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Apr 13, 2009
No one can predict the cost of lake maintenance or water. In general this community has been established for awhile. If you live in another subdivision the cost of water could go up too along with electricity too (HOA's often pay for the electricity used by the street lights).

I hope this helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.TheKeysTeam.com