hi i recently got approved for a VA home loan. We were wondering what would be the next step finding agent or finding lendes/

Asked by gil, Weymouth, MA Wed Nov 13, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

11
Suzanne Sarh…, Agent, Braintree, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Hi Gil,
Congratulations on your approval. I agree that you should look for an agent who has experience with VA loans. Having lived in Northern Virginia for a number of years, I have worked with many, many active duty servicemen and women, as well as veterans. It would be my pleasure to assist you in the purchase of your new home.
I grew up in Weymouth and moved back here after living in Virginia. Please let me know how I can best help you. Log onto my website at http://www.MovingSouthofBoston.com to search and save your searches. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.

Suzanne Sarhanis

http://www.MovingSouthofBoston.com
781-812-8862 (direct line talk/text)
Dusty-Paul R…, Agent, Quincy, MA
Thu Nov 14, 2013
Getting "pre approved" will help with the process and move you along with a future offer you will make.
ASAA, could do that for you.

Dusty

781 844-5555
Brian Mastro…, Agent, Hanover, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
At Keller Williams Realty is rate number ! for sales in Weymouth past year. I can help you out finding a home in Weymouth. Give me a call 781 829 9496 Brian Mastromatteo
Cindy Dunn, Agent, Westwood, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Thank you for your servce to our country Gil and congratulations on your approval ! The VA program is a wonderful benefit for veterans and a great way to buy a home.

Finding a good Realtor is the next logical step since they can guide you to a qualified lender, help you locate the right home and get you through the many steps to your first successful home purchase.
I have experience with first time buyers with VA program benefits and would be happy to help you through the process if you want to give me a call 781-985-1481.

Cindy Dunn

You can check me out here: http://www.trulia.com/profile/cindydunnsellsthesouthshore/
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
I would stay in touch with your lender and make sure you don't add, subtract or payoff anything without their advice while you start your selection process.
Then choose an area and go to open houses to start meeting active agents and to refine your wish list.

Get to know some of the agents in your area of choice by looking them up online, talking to them, and calling them out of the blue with a question.
See how they respond and if they provide you useful info.

Then choose one and use their experience and knowledge of the area you have chosen to find a great property.
I am on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.

Congrats!

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Sally Cannon, Agent, Abington, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Your next step is to start looking for a home. Did you get a pre-approval letter? That would tell you what you can afford to spend on a new home. At Jack Conway we have a great mortgage company that works with us and we have a great program for Veterans called Military on the Move, (check it out on jackconway.com, click on the Buyers link on the top of the screen). Give me a call if you want me to help you with your new home search. 781-264-2194.
Michael Perr…, Agent, Norwell, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
1. Lender preapproval
2. Select agent to work with in your preferred area

Trula has agent reviews if you unfamiliar with Weymouth, otherwise ask friends and family who they used and they did/didn't like about them. A great agent can be a resource of info and knowledge for life if you choose the right one. Congrats and enjoy the process, its exciting!
Kim DeGust, Agent, Marshfield, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
I work with several lenders that specialize in VA loans. I would be happy to assist you however I can.Feel free to contact me.
Kim DeGust, Agent, Marshfield, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Chris Kostop…, Agent, Newton Centre, MA
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Hi Gil,

Like Nathan stated you want to find a real estate agent that understands the intricacies of VA loans and what your lender will expect. I've handled lots of VA clients feel free to reach out via email to discuss.

Chris Kostopoulos
M 857.829.0282
E chris@isellmass.com
Nathan Neyman, Agent, Boulder CO 80304, CO
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Hey Gil, you can find agents and mortgage brokers in your area using this website. Trulia has ratings and reviews of lots of people in your area. Just make sure to interview a few brokers before making a final decision to find someone that really fits your needs.
Hello Gil,
I work with many lenders and I 'm here to help if you are still in the market.
You can call and or text me at any time.
Sebrin Adem
Proplocate Realty
Direct:703-225-8292
Email: sebrinadem@gmail.com
Flag Sun Dec 15, 2013