Home Buying in Woodlawn>Question Details

ajai_mg, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

hi i live in india now , wish to buy a home in united states of americais it possible?Ajai

Asked by ajai_mg, Chicago, IL Tue Apr 9, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3113332245-6608-S-Maryland-Av…

Help the community by answering this question:


I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
I would like to assist you in your home search. Please feel free to reach out when you have a moment via phone at 773 972 5333 or email at howie@markallenrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 10, 2013
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
There are loans out there for Foreign Nationals if you can not pay cash, but they are few and far between. You will need a Realtor experienced with selling to out of country buyers.

Then down the road you want to sell the property as a foreign owner there will be a tax hold back of approximately 10 percent again this is a question your local Realtor will be able to answer, it looks like you have a good list of Realtors who would be happy to assist you, pick one and communicate directly with him or her.

Best of luck with your search and purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Yes, it's possible. I specialize in assisting international investors and cash is the best option but we have special financing for those who qualify, no visa required, no U.S. credit required. My advise, focus on location.. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

Jose Hernandez
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Yes of course it is possible, cash would work, otherwise to get a loan is much more complicated...
Now as to the link you sent, I hope you do understand that these 50 000 some $ refer to just one of
the condos in the building 2 bedrooms, and not the entire building, just want to make sure you did
realize that.... Why would you want to buy a home in the US, do you intend to come here to live here?
It just really depends on what your plans are..... in order to give you more explanation. You also
say above that this question was asked by ajai_mg, Chicago Il. are you currently in Chicago?
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
It is possible - you can buy with cash - or you may be able to obtain financing if you have at least 30% down and established US credit. These loans are hard to come by but they do exist
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773 290 0455
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013

Unless you have a work visa, a current job offer in the U.S., you will need to pay cash for your home. If you could give everyone more specifics on your situation we can better advise you your purchase.

Best of luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
You will need a Realtor, an Attorney, CASH and the knowhow on how to manage a property long distance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Yes it is, but you would need to go cash if you dont have a visa or work permit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
If you live in India now the only issue would be financing. The purchase would have to be for cash. In Illinois a real estate attorney is used to help facilitate the transaction. As Bob said, between a good Realtor and a good attorney your transaction can be handled from abroad.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Yes. No problem. You will want a good lawyer and a good local realtor in the area that you want to buy. You can wire the money in and give power of attorney for signing. It is easier to be here to do some of these things.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer