hi, i had ques. is it wort buying house on franklin st piscataway nj, for 250.000. was built in 1969. was listed 265.000. what do u think the best.?

Asked by himu6442, Somerset, NJ Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

7
, ,
Sat Sep 14, 2013
Call me for more info 973 698 4083

The Middlesex County Department of Housing and Community Development will award $7,500 in downpayment and closing cost assistance to income eligible first time homebuyers under the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) program.

Borrower must be a first time homebuyer and homebuyer education is required.

Home must be purchased in the following Middlesex County municipalities:

Carteret Highland Park North Brunswick South Brunswick

Cranbury Jamesburg Old Bridge South Plainfield

Dunellen Metuchen Piscataway South River

East Brunswick Middlesex Plainsboro Spotswood

Edison Milltown Sayreville Woodbridge

Helmetta Monroe South Amboy

(Please note that New Brunswick and Perth Amboy are not eligible municipalities)

Borrower must be putting down at least 1% of the purchase price from their own funds.

NO CASH BACK ALLOWED INCLUDING EARNEST MONEY!
Melissa Silva, Agent, Watchung, NJ
Tue Sep 10, 2013
I would recommend speaking to the agent that took you to see the house. They would be able to take the homes that have sold in your area and give you the best price to offer for that home. If you need help please feel free to contact me. I work in the area so I know the market well.

Please let me know if I can help.

Melissa Silva
201-527-7313
Realestate.mel.s@gmail.com
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Himu

again did you take that personal tour at an open house on your own... or did you go with your realtor?
if you went with your agent or are currently working with an agent , please speak to him or her to provide you with comparative sold properties so you know what type of offer to make.
if you are not working with an agent and need someone to help you , please give me a call so we can discuss the property and perhaps I can help you with the comparatives for you to understand how to make a proper offer.
908-675-0167
himu6442, Home Buyer, Somerset, NJ
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Thats true. But yes I did like the house as took personal tour. But I m just worried about what offer I can make. The best recommend offer should like what....pl can someone answer
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Tue Sep 10, 2013
Please excuse some typos. Darn voice recognition doesn't always get it right. :))
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Tue Sep 10, 2013
I think the first question would be have you already look at this home and if you did have you looked at it with a realtor? If you have looked at it with a real tour and that person you're working with should be the one to provide you with recently sold comparable properties so you can make a better decision on what to offer.
if your question is whether or not it's worth buying the house in general well then that's something that only you can answer. If you like the house like the location and it meets your needs both in size and price only you can decide if its worth buying the house or not.
lastly remember that because the house is listed at 265 doesn't mean it's not really worth 265 or close to it. The best way to determine whether 250 is a fair offer based on fair current market value is to have someone do that market analysis for you. don't assume that offering 15000 less than list price:is the standard in buying homes. Some homes nowadays are selling at or above list price in some areas.
Melissa Silva, Agent, Watchung, NJ
Tue Sep 10, 2013
I can look into it for you. I would have to pull the comps in the area of homes with the same amount of bedrooms and baths. Email me privately and give me the address so I can look into it for you:

Thank you

Melissa Silva
201-527-7313
Realestate.mel.s@gmail.com