hello, im looking to purchase my first home in the queens area. does anyone have any input of what banks offer the lowest rates and deal with fha?

Asked by Annacards, 11377 Wed May 16, 2012

Answers

3
Nida Kabbaj’s answer
Nida Kabbaj, Agent, Plainview, NY
Fri May 25, 2012
If you are working with a real estate agent, he or she should be able to recommend loan officers , mortgage companies and/or banks they worked with in the past. If you need any recommendations, feel free to contact me.

Nida Kabbaj
Exit realty by the park
917-681-1102
Queens, NY
Javier Menes…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Melville, NY
Wed May 16, 2012
Well there are several banks who can offer great rates. The thing I can advice you is, don't just shop a low rate, but rather a reputable loan officer and bank. I'm not suggesting that the rate is not as important, I'm just tryint to tell you that MANY loan officers will promise the moon and the stars but only a few will deliver.

Currently, rates for FHA loans should be around 3.625% for a 30 year fixed with no points. That is where we are at, I would imagine other lenders are too.

You'll need to meet with a loan officer, and let him/her review your 2010 & 2011 tax returns, recent pay stubs and 2 recent bank statements, This will let them figure out just how much you'll qualify for, or what you'll need to do to qualify for a mortgage.

If you need someone, I'm always available to meet in one of our Queens branches. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
Sterling National Bank
jmeneses@snb.com
516-606-9648
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed May 16, 2012
If you need loan officer recommendations, please feel free to contact me directly.