hello. My credit score is 609. I have put in disputes on 2 things on my report... Can I get approval for a VA loan with this low score??

Asked by Detra Damskov, Bellevue, NE Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

5
, ,
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Lenders have trouble with open disputes. If you had proof the information was incorrect then it should be fixed. However, if you disputed accurate information just because it was negative and you want to be approved for a mortgage, then you should spend a little time in the big house, that is a crime. That is no different than altering your pay stub or w2.

I just received a memo yesterday that established a time line on an open dispute, any disputes less than 2 years old are a problem. I would be careful applying for a government loan if you are disputing accurate information. Good luck, hope it works out for you,
Why are you being so accusatory of this poor woman? She is here asking for help and the best you can do is insult her and tell her she needs to spend time in the big house because you think she is disputing accurate information.
I think maybe a letter to Kentucky's licensing bureau is in order, your conduct is beyond being out of line. If you were trying to be informative, which is hard to believe "I would be careful applying for a government loan". That sounds threatening and you sir should be reprimanded by your firm/State.
Flag Tue Jul 10, 2012
Christine Mc…, Agent, Valparaiso, IN
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Hi Detra,

I believe that the VA does not have a minimum requirement but the lenders want a 620 for VA loans most times. Call a lender that handles VA loans in your area. It doesn't hurt to call and talk to a lender. Most people find it very informative. They don't have to pull your credit to have an idea on whether or not they can help you purchase now. Just be honest with them about your income, debt and credit.

Good Luck,
Christine
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Go to your local non profit housing group for credit counseling. The counselor will go over your credit report with you. They will tell you what you are doing wrong and what you should be doing. Listen to them and when your score is 640+ you can think of buying.
Gina with Te…, Agent, Bellevue, NE
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Hi Detra,
We have several lenders that we work closely with in Bellevue & Papillion that are VA loan experts. Please let me know if you would like their contact information.
Web Reference:  http://www.GinaOgle.com
Jan Nicola, Agent, Fremont, NE
Fri Mar 9, 2012
I just checked with a VA lender I work with. He said you have to have a 620 mid, that is very close so he would definately look at it. It may be something very simple to get the needed points. Contact me if you would like to speak with this lender.
Jan Nicola
402-720-5413
Web Reference:  http://www.homes68025.com