found a house i want to buy, don't know what the next step is do i need to get a realtor

Asked by Home, Kokomo, IN Thu Aug 9, 2012

never bought a house before

Answers

4
Jennifer Fiv…, Agent, Red Hook, NY
Wed May 22, 2013
I think getting a Realtor would be a wise decision. By doing this you will avoid some costly mistakes. The Realtor will walk you through the process.
Gena Martin, Agent, Burlington, IN
Thu Aug 9, 2012
A realtor would definitely help you in every step of buying a house. Start getting prequalified with a lender. I am in Kokomo Indiana and can tell you that there are a few great lenders to work with. Platinum Mortgage, Bailey & Woods, & First Republic .
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Yes you absolutely should be working with a Realtor as a Buyer's Agent. It doesn't cost you anything. Also, you'll need to get prequalified with a lender, if you haven't done so already. Your agent can refer you to someone.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Aug 9, 2012
If the house is a Shortsale or an REO, you need to have a Realtor represent you; the Banks will not deal with you directly.

If it is a NORMAL sale, you will want a Realtor representing your interests, and a Buyer's Agent costs you nothing.

Good luck and may God bless