foreclosed abandoned property...

Asked by kay k, Rushmore, MN Mon Feb 11, 2013

this property has been foreclosed on (as far as i know) but i can't find any listings anywhere. there is a caretaker for the property, but no name or
number to contact them. how do i find out who to contact? i would like to purchase this house if possible

Answers

4
Chris Miller, Home Buyer, Eagle Lake, MN
Fri Feb 15, 2013
I am the former owner of this property. Please contact 1st National Bank of Northfield to inquire about this home. you may contact me directly as well at 612.227.7021.
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Kay,

The only real way to find out who to contact would be to hire a title company to do a title search and find out who the current owner is. Failing that you could run down to the county records office and do a search. If it is the previous owner, you will need to play detective and try and track them down through relatives or possibly send them mail at the address that will be forwarded. If it is a bank you will need to make contact with them. Don't bother with large national banks, when the house comes on the market you can make your move, but you won't get anywhere ahead of time. Smaller regional or local banks might be willing to talk to you. Good luck.

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN Real Estate Broker
612-839-4202
Web Reference:  http://www.CamPiper.com
Donald James, Agent, Edina, MN
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Hi Kay,
Quite often we see properties where the former owner has moved out yet nothing seems to be happening. In some cases the property may still be in the redemption period (six months from the sheriff's sale in MN). If the lien holder (lender) does not apply for accelerated redemption the property may just sit there until the redemption period is complete. In other cases the lender may have control of the property but is not ready to list it. This process can sometimes take up to a year (or more) after the redemption period. A good Realtor should help you with answers on this property.
Web Reference:  http://www.mywra.net
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Mon Feb 11, 2013
What is the address, Kay? I will gladly check my databases, but I cannot do it without some address or description of location, PID # or? Liz, 612-986-405
the address is 119 Seney Ave, Rushmore MN 56168
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013